I'm struggling to lose weight on the pill Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi all,
I'm currently on the contraceptive pill cileste. I'm 5.1 and I weigh around 56/57kg. I wear a size 8 in clothing (I know that's not big at all) but I feel big.
I'm only small but have a big bum and big boobs... I just wish my tummy was smaller, I feel so bloated when its coming up to my period.
Does anyone have any tips for losing weight, I'm trying to keep under 1200 cals a day but nothing seems to be working
katehlouise
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You're eating nowhere near enough. Your body needs fuel to work properly. Most people say to eat 1200 at a minimum - with exercise that minimum will be even higher. (I have no scientific evidence for that number, but it always seems the lowest number quoted for the amount you should eat.)

Just eat a normal amount, but choose healthier options. Exercise at least 3 times a week - it can even help just by walking more.
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You don't need to lose weight, you probably just need to tone up. Excercise.

http://walking.about.com/cs/calories/l/blcalcalc.htm Use this to tell you how many calories you should be having to maintain your weight. If you really want to lose a bit, then take 500 off that.

Also, drink plenty, it will stop you from retainint water and bloating

If you think the pill is causing this, consider changing contraception
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.18%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.41%
Not great so far... (251)
35.65%
I want to drop out! (132)
18.75%

Watched Threads