ellfez
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello!
I'm in year nine and I've been given an options booklet by my school. I am quite to very determined to study Photography and Fashion as I want to be a fashion photographer. I am applying for work experience at a local photographic company and I was wondering if anyone has or is studying photography and what it's like? I'd really like some advice thanks x
HappyCheesecake
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm in year 11 at the moment and I chose art for one of my GCSE options and there's quite a bit of photography involved. I quite like it as it's quite free. You'd obviously have to think about the angle you're taking the photo and lighting, etc...

Some really good camera's are DSLR ones, especially for photography.

As for fashion, an obvious choice to pick would be textiles though that's more looking at fabrics and the studying of trends more than photography.

Art and textiles together would be very time consuming as they both include a lot of coursework (for instance, I'm supposed to be doing my art homework now instead of procrastinating on tsr).

Good luck with your options and securing your work experience placement and PM me if you want any more info on GCSE art
Liftman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ellfez)
Hello!
I'm in year nine and I've been given an options booklet by my school. I am quite to very determined to study Photography and Fashion as I want to be a fashion photographer. I am applying for work experience at a local photographic company and I was wondering if anyone has or is studying photography and what it's like? I'd really like some advice thanks x
If you want to get into fashion photography, the best university is London college of Fashion.

To get into there you will need a foundation diploma in Art and Design, so do your art and textiles, then either art a-level or go onto the 2 year BTEC extended diploma in Art and Design (Photography pathway) before the foundation.

Then, if you are good enough, you may be able to get into LCF.

Have a look at LCF on google, and see what you think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.94%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
26.97%
Not great so far... (281)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.34%

Watched Threads