Why do you exercise? Watch

Stevo112
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Ok so i'm just wondering what sort of motivations people have for getting fitter?

Mine is to lose my beer belly and to lose the double chin.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To be healthier.. being slimmer has been a nice side effect.
Harrifer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I like to put bigger plates on the barbell, push myself to the limit, overcome challenges, let off some steam. I also like to see how my appearance changes, it gives a real feeling of having control over myself and my life.

Also, it would probably be beer and whisky during the week if I didn't.
jacob1208
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My reasons are that It is beneficial to my health and will benefit me in latter life. However my reason is that I enjoy the social aspect of playing sport regularly with my friends.
Meghna96
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So I don't die of heart failure
JOKING

I don't exercise.
Converse Rocker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ultimate goal is to look good nekkid.

That and being healthier are the reasons I started.
Hugo Rune
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For health reasons mainly. Vanity and becoming more competitive are factors too, but to a lesser extent.
RHCPfan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Keeping healthy and also I do dance which i've done for along time and enjoy the social side to it, the keeping fit is an added bonus.
BioGeek
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
to loook goood
ThatOneGuy93
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So that I can enjoy Cadbury's Chocolate without feeling guilty.
eeeeeh
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by BioGeek)
not funny, sorry.
Zeegie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Coz I'm a badass.
IcEmAn911
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So I can become a better Badminton player.
jeddows
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Partly to get fit for future career plans, partly because I enjoy it, and (depressingly) partly because I hate my body :/

Saying that, smashing a good set in swimming always feels good
Pegasus2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To beat the other teams...
username321708
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have quite few goals. Right now it's to lose some belly fat and be slim and give myself more confidence. After that, I'd like to hit the heavy weights and get big. I love the feeling of pushing my body and pushing my fitness to new limits and obviously it helps keep you healthy if you eat good too. Exercise is also a great way to combat stress and if I exercise in the morning I always find I tend to be more focused when it comes to studying afterwards.
Meltingice
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Get rid of fat thighs, health, confidence, feeling good at the end of the day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Meltingice
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 21stcenturyphantom)
I have quite few goals. Right now it's to lose some belly fat and be slim and give myself more confidence. After that, I'd like to hit the heavy weights and get big. I love the feeling of my pushing my body and pushing my fitness to new limits and obviously it helps keep you healthy if you eat good too. Exercise is also a great way to combat stress and if I exercise in the morning I always find I tend to be more focused when it comes to studying afterwards.
Agree! I study better after going to the gym

Posted from TSR Mobile
Liv1204
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Mostly just because I love the sport I do (kickboxing), training makes me happy, I like the challenge and the achievement, I like the hard work, and I like it when it aches from that!

I do swimming just because I enjoy it, it's relaxing, and I like being in the water.

And in general, for enjoyment, to relax, stress release, to get fitter/healthier, to improve at training, etc.
dan-dream-boys
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I started exercising originally to look good for my holiday, but after I began exercising I noticed I was attracting more female attention :sexface: and I became more confident. I could wear slimmer clothes and it felt nice breaking my own personal record at the gym. Also I have made a few new friends at the gym now :^_^:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (65)
65.66%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
21.21%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
13.13%

Watched Threads