Sick of my relationship sometimes Watch

BabyGirl92
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
m away at university, in my last semester so I've got my dissertation and a million assignments to do. I go home every single weekend to see him and have done since September, it's costing me £20 a week so that' about £500 for the whole uni year that I'm spending on train tickets so I can go home and see him. I don't go out with friends during the week so that I can afford the train ticket home to see him. When we're together on the weekend it's absolutely fine. But when I'm in uni during the week I feel like I haven't even got a boyfriend. I get 1-2 texts a day off him, which really bugs me. He never phones me for a chat or anything like that. Day in day out I'm in lectures, library or sat in front of my laptop writing essays, and just a phonecall or more than one text a day from him would be nice. The days are so long and boring, I'm going out of my mind with not being able to go out or do things with my friends because of lack of money and so much uni work but he doesn't seem to consider this. After a long day doing essays it would be nice to have something to look forward to. When he texts me it's all like 'Babe this, babe that, I miss you!' But that's only once or twice a day.

It makes me think he's cheating on me - what's he doing all day that he can't even bother to get in touch with me? Yes he works but he has breaks and finishes at 5. I get a text like 'sorry I fell asleep after work' at about 10 o clock and then nothing until the next day. I've had one text at 3.30 today saying he hopes I feel better. I said thanks can you phone me tonight? And I've had nothing since then

Drives me crazy. I put absolutely everything into our relationship. Uni should be my priority but I'm home every weekend to keep him happy. It's so convenient for him he gets the weekdays to himself and has a girlfriend on the weekends. Absolutely sick of it.

But I know as soon as I speak to him/see him I'll be fine and won't bring it up because I'm scared of coming across as too clingy. Or he'll have a valid reason as to why he's not been in contact. It's annoying though - takes two minutes to send a text.

Update - after getting to the point of desperation I text him and he texts back saying he's at his friends and will phone me later, then says I'll phone you now, then doesn't phone me now. Being in a crap mood anyway, when this phonecall eventually does happen I'll be no joy to speak to and it'll be a rubbish conversation!
youmad
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why don't you try and phone him and see how he is with that. Maybe he just feels that he shouldn't bother you because you are busy with work
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
He probably doesn't realise you are upset, next time you speak to him just gradually bring it up you appreciate many texts
Emmak7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by BabyGirl92)

But I know as soon as I speak to him/see him I'll be fine and won't bring it up because I'm scared of coming across as too clingy. Or he'll have a valid reason as to why he's not been in contact. It's annoying though - takes two minutes to send a text.
I think you need to get over your fear of appearing clingy and tell him exactly how you feel. Remember that a relationship is supposed to make you happy and make your life better - the moment when your relationship is making you miserable and adding stress to your life is the moment when you have to seriously consider if this relationship is worth it.

Do you think you're benefiting at all from this relationship? Do you think you would be better off saving that money and having the weekends to yourself?Or are the weekends with him so incredibly important and awesome that it's worth it? It's for you to decide but you don't sound happy being in this relationship.

About his behaviour... I would say he's being inconsiderate; however, it seems that that could be because of his ignorance. Let him know how you feel.
joker12345
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why don't you text him more often? Maybe he thinks he'd be annoying you by texting lots ...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (65)
65.66%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
21.21%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
13.13%

Watched Threads