Dalilsp
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
This same question has probably been asked several hundreds million times over the years, but here it is again. Am I good enough for Imperial Maths?

GCSEs
4A*s 6As C
(A* maths, A Eng lang, A* Eng Lit)

A-levels
Maths - Very confident am going to get A*
Chem - Very confident of an A/A*
Bio - Very confident of an A/A*
Music (Dropping for A2)

I am aware that Further maths is required for Imperial, and so Ive planned to start Further maths AS (FP1 FP2 FP3) as soon as my AS exams have finished and am going to finish this over the summer, and then hopefully do the exam in January externally. Then I would study A2 modules (probably M1-3) through the year and sit the exam in May time ( studying from Septembery time to may)

I know this is doable without a teacher but my brother did 6 modules spread throughout a year without a teacher of further maths to get accepted into UCL. So I can always ask him for help, as well as my father. I guess it all depends on how dedicated I am on this.

So... you guys are the experts... If i manage to get A*s in Further maths, most of the modules anyway (not sure about mechanics so a lot of work is needed)

Random questions:
1) How much more difficult is core modules, compared to further pure and mechanics modules? Im assuming, "a lot" is correct?
2) After being assigned into a hall in any university, would roommate switching be allowed? Not switching halls but, lets say A and B lived together, and C and D lived together, would B and D be able to switch rooms?

If you have read this far, I thank you for suffering through my odd ramblings.
harrybobo12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dalilsp)
This same question has probably been asked several hundreds million times over the years, but here it is again. Am I good enough for Imperial Maths?

GCSEs
4A*s 6As C

A-levels
Music (Dropping for A2)

I am aware that Further maths is required for Imperial, and so Ive planned to start Further maths AS (FP1 FP2 FP3) as soon as my AS exams have finished and am going to finish this over the summer, and then hopefully do the exam in January externally. Then I would study A2 modules (probably M1-3) through the year and sit the exam in May time ( studying from Septembery time to may)

I know this is doable without a teacher but my brother did 6 modules spread throughout a year without a teacher of further maths to get accepted into UCL. So I can always ask him for help, as well as my father. I guess it all depends on how dedicated I am on this.

So... you guys are the experts... If i manage to get A*s in Further maths, most of the modules anyway (not sure about mechanics so a lot of work is needed)

Random questions:
1) How much more difficult is core modules, compared to further pure and mechanics modules? Im assuming, "a lot" is correct?
2) After being assigned into a hall in any university, would roommate switching be allowed? Not switching halls but, lets say A and B lived together, and C and D lived together, would B and D be able to switch rooms?

Hey, am planning on doing this too, if you want we can help each other out when we are stuck?
Dalilsp
Rep:
?
Sure my skype is lilshizzy. Nice to meet you harry!

Oh and im in year 12 atm, if anyone hasnt figured that out yet...
JOR2010
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dalilsp)

GCSEs
4A*s 6As C

A-levels
Music (Dropping for A2)

Random questions:

I would advise taking up FM at AS alongside your AS subjects. Maths courses will frown upon those not doing so.
Dalilsp
Rep:
?
I've already started my AS course. I plan on doing the FM modules externally and independently. Is this a disadvantage? Even if I mention it somewhere on the UCAS application process?

My father and brother are both teachers of A-Level mathematics.
Dalilsp
Rep:
?
bumpety bump bump bump.
tommyth94
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
mo f

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dalilsp
Rep:
?
What does that mean?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Jun '20
    Thu, 25 Jun '20
    Sat, 19 Sep '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (9)
64.29%
No I haven't decided yet (3)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (2)
14.29%

Watched Threads