So Scared Hairloss Female 19 Watch

Smiile
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So my life is great made it to my first choice uni made loads of amazing friends but my hair falling out is terrifying me. It started when i was in college around the end of 2011 and in 2012 i went to see a doctor and found out i had low levels of iron in my blood. After taking iron tablets it got better and stopped falling out and even though here and there it would start again it stops soon after. But now its started again and its really bad this time because of my hairloss before you can see my scalp alot :cry: I only go out wearing a hat or with my hair tied up which i hate as i feel more comfortable and confident with my hair down and its really depressing me as it stops me going out. I hate touching my hair and avoid brushing it till i have to and i always find hair all over my floor. My hair used to be beautiful and i got compliments on it even after it started falling out as no one noticed for ages as it was so thick. I do straighten my hair but i always use heat protection spray and even when i stopped straightening it, it still fell out.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advise on diet or anything or contributing factors? I am going to register for a doctor in my uni city tomorrow so should have another blood test soon.
Dalilsp
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd say you are taking the right steps -> going to the doctor.. You should have done this sooner imo. Stress could be a factor in hair-loss. I suggest talking to a counsellor if you are finding difficulty in your day-to-day life.
Smiile
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Dalilsp)
I'd say you are taking the right steps -> going to the doctor.. You should have done this sooner imo. Stress could be a factor in hair-loss. I suggest talking to a counsellor if you are finding difficulty in your day-to-day life.
The main cause of stress in my life is my hairloss and im trying to ignore it as much as i can and just be myself but its getting really hard now that its more noticeable I dont need counselling as i know the problem if my hair just stopped falling out i would be fine :'(
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Really sorry to hear about that, I can imagine how traumatic that is for you. Do you use special medicated hair products? I'm sure you're beautiful regardless, but maybe go to a special hairdressers too? My brother started losing hair quite young and he found the best method was hair cloning, if your hairloss continues maybe look into that
feathermoon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My mum has the same issue. Shes had dozens of blood tests and they just keep letting her know that her iron is low. Blood tests are kinda useless but get them done nevertheless coz i might be wrong. I suggest applying an oil in your hair such as the one you get from avon. you cant even tell its there. There are loads of iron drinks and tablets you can take. Good lucck and hope i helped
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
I know this was a while back but I too have been suffering from hairloss. I first noticed it in my final year at uni and more than a year on I am still losing a significant amount of hair. Because I have no bald patches, people think im being dramatic but I know what my hair used to look like and it has thinned drastically!

I have tried everything under the sun, hair burst tablets, better diet, more exercise, no heat on my hair for months and nothing seemed to work. I am finally going to the doctor about it ( I have a phobia of doctors so is a big step for me!)

Wish me luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads