Can you bring a drumkit to student halls? Watch

Elliejaygee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
It might seem abit of a stupid question, but i need to know for when i go in September. I know your allowed amplifiers, so i can't see why they would bother too much?
SillyEddy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Check with the specific university and/or whomever actually owns the halls. It might be a separate company who have their own policies.

But yeah, probably. So long as it doesn't make too much noise... But most drum kits are loud, aren't they? You might get warnings from the staff if you make too much noise and that could mean you get fined or evicted (in extreme cases).

Will you have enough room though? My halls room is a pretty decent size, but I could not fit a drum kit in here.
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You might want to get some pads to seriously dull to sound unless you're perfectly OK with everyone you live with becoming your worst enemies :p:
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No way, would cause too much noise.
Elliejaygee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I think i might just get an electric kit .
sabian92
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Electric is the way to go. I'm a drummer but If I was in the same block as somebody with a full acoustic kit I'd go f**king mental.
PostgradMatt
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Elliejaygee)
It might seem abit of a stupid question, but i need to know for when i go in September. I know your allowed amplifiers, so i can't see why they would bother too much?
Duuuuuude people have varying sleeping patterns in halls, you flatmates will want to kill you.

:mob:

Electric drums sound wise.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads