xaviefl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, so basically I'm in second year and deciding to go for a Psychology Honours in Glasgow uni. I took Psychology 2A and a few modules or subjects in Biology. Basically I failed one of my modules or subjects in Biology. Anyone knows if I'm allowed to progress to Third year without resitting it? Because I think even if I resit it there is no way for me to pass it again..

and also if I DO resit it, can anyone explain to me how is the resit papers graded??
LSD
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You should be able to progress without resitting it, I know people who have been in similar situations, and it isn't a pre-requisite for you. But really you should resit it, having 10 credits at an H is far worse than having 10 credits at a D1, which is what the resits are capped at.

Regardless of how well you do in a resit the highest mark you can get is a D1, even if you get 100%. That's how they're marked.

I'd take the resit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LSD
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Also out of interest, I'm in third year life sciences, which 2nd year course did you fail?

Posted from TSR Mobile
xaviefl
Rep:
?
(Original post by LSD)
You should be able to progress without resitting it, I know people who have been in similar situations, and it isn't a pre-requisite for you. But really you should resit it, having 10 credits at an H is far worse than having 10 credits at a D1, which is what the resits are capped at.

Regardless of how well you do in a resit the highest mark you can get is a D1, even if you get 100%. That's how they're marked.

I'd take the resit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I failed Human Form and Function biology. Thanks so much! but I figured I would have no chance of getting a pass as my coursework wasn't exactly good as well. I might very well be getting the same marks if I resit. but I'll think about it, maybe I'll be able to improve slightly better. Thanks!
LSD
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by xaviefl)
I failed Human Form and Function biology. Thanks so much! but I figured I would have no chance of getting a pass as my coursework wasn't exactly good as well. I might very well be getting the same marks if I resit. but I'll think about it, maybe I'll be able to improve slightly better. Thanks!
Urgh that class was hideous, I wouldn't worry about course work though I got straight Ds in that then got a B in the end. You should be okay with a big summer to study over but it's up to you. Definitely contact your adviser about it though they'll know what to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
xaviefl
Rep:
?
(Original post by LSD)
Urgh that class was hideous, I wouldn't worry about course work though I got straight Ds in that then got a B in the end. You should be okay with a big summer to study over but it's up to you. Definitely contact your adviser about it though they'll know what to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! yeah, I've contacted her but she haven't replied me yet so just waiting for her email. coursework was 30% though and the resits are capped at D1 so that makes me pretty worried. but I think I'll give it another try. might get better than the E that I have.
GermanScientist
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks! yeah, I've contacted her but she haven't replied me yet so just waiting for her email. coursework was 30% though and the resits are capped at D1 so that makes me pretty worried. but I think I'll give it another try. might get better than the E that I have.
I don't know anyone that took that class that actually enjoyed it. I'm glad I didn't take it this year
xaviefl
Rep:
?
(Original post by GermanScientist)
I don't know anyone that took that class that actually enjoyed it. I'm glad I didn't take it this year
consider yourself lucky, that class was absolutely horrendous!
hahaha111
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Im in the same situation, Im qualified to progress to honor degree, but I failed one course econ 2B in sem 2, my final grade is E1, and assignment is D3 (25%). I've asked the advisor, she said I can resit both of them, but I dont know is that good for me, cus I have no idea how is graded in resit, and Im worried I cant a pass, is that a good idea to resubmit the assignment as well? Or just resit?
She also said if I cant get a pass in resit, I will then progress to ordinary degree.

Hi, so basically I'm in second year and deciding to go for a Psychology Honours in Glasgow uni. I took Psychology 2A and a few modules or subjects in Biology. Basically I failed one of my modules or subjects in Biology. Anyone knows if I'm allowed to progress to Third year without resitting it? Because I think even if I resit it there is no way for me to pass it again..

and also if I DO resit it, can anyone explain to me how is the resit papers graded??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads