Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
A good few years ago now I made friends with a boy through the internet (which was CLEARLY a bad idea but I was a lot younger and didn't really know any better. I obviously regret it now) We met up a couple of times, he's come over to my house and I've been to his etc. We were good friends for a while, but recently he's mental health has been deteriorating, he's told me he's taken an overdose a couple of times and spent some time on a mental health ward. He's told me the only thing that's keeping him alive is the thought of him and me one day getting a house and living together. I don't want this at all, but he doesn't seem to get that, and won't stop talking about how we're going to get a flat together one day. He's even planning to move to where I go to university so he can be nearer to me.

Basically, I'm scared of him now. He's clearly got something mentally wrong with him, he's admitted that to me, and he's started to become obsessed with me and this idea of us being 'together' one day.

I need some advice, how can I get rid of him and break off contact with him, without him doing anything stupid? It might sound a little silly but I'm scared of doing something to himself or to me or my family, as he knows where I live.

Thanks guys x
Michaelj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You need to lose contact or it'll get worst. He may attempt to manipulate you with suicide threats or what not but don't get lured in. If you get lured in then it'll just get worst. He'll always want to be more than friends with you.
Cringe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You're going to have to kill him before he kills you.
JBTEvans
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't think stopping talking to him will help anything if he knows where you live, maybe just chat to him saying you don't want that?
blubimnotafish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Stop talking to him I'd say. And also, don't tell him which uni you're gonna go to eventually.
anatolia3
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
tell him that he should seek help ASAP
عادل
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
x
Don't tell him which Uni you will go to.
Block him on all social networking accounts, don't bother posting statuses about the Uni you will attend. Change you're settings on all of your online accounts so only friends can view them etc...
Get new phone number etc...
If he somehow finds out where you went and starts stalking, then well just tell the police because his obsession is unhealthy and doesn't sound very safe for you either.
ForgetMe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
End any contacts with him or no one knows what he could do, maybe even kidnap you and take somewhere far away so no one would find you. Believe me, people who have mental problems can do really bad things. I had a friend who had some sort of mental problem since he was born. We used to be together normally but when he gets angry or I don't know but something happens in his mind, he becomes aggressive. Once I was chased by him with an axe or got hit into my head with a thick tree branch when my cousin made him angry. As some say, if he will get closer to you, report the police that he's not leaving you alone and scares you as well.
SnoochToTheBooch
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
get him sectioned
ChocoCoatedLemons
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by IdeasForLife)
Don't tell him which Uni you will go to.
Block him on all social networking accounts, don't bother posting statuses about the Uni you will attend. Change you're settings on all of your online accounts so only friends can view them etc...
Get new phone number etc...
If he somehow finds out where you went and starts stalking, then well just tell the police because his obsession is unhealthy and doesn't sound very safe for you either.
^^^^^ THIS.

Seriously, he needs help, and you can't give him that.
NinjaNerdfighter
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you spoken to his parents about this? Cause they're the ones who would most likely have to deal with any effects of you breaking contact so I think you should let them know about what's going on and how you feel
someonesomewherexx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
A good few years ago now I made friends with a boy through the internet (which was CLEARLY a bad idea but I was a lot younger and didn't really know any better. I obviously regret it now) We met up a couple of times, he's come over to my house and I've been to his etc. We were good friends for a while, but recently he's mental health has been deteriorating, he's told me he's taken an overdose a couple of times and spent some time on a mental health ward. He's told me the only thing that's keeping him alive is the thought of him and me one day getting a house and living together. I don't want this at all, but he doesn't seem to get that, and won't stop talking about how we're going to get a flat together one day. He's even planning to move to where I go to university so he can be nearer to me.

Basically, I'm scared of him now. He's clearly got something mentally wrong with him, he's admitted that to me, and he's started to become obsessed with me and this idea of us being 'together' one day.

I need some advice, how can I get rid of him and break off contact with him, without him doing anything stupid? It might sound a little silly but I'm scared of doing something to himself or to me or my family, as he knows where I live.

Thanks guys x
Stop talking to/corresponding with him IMMEDIATELY. It's clear he's got mental issues. Is there anyway you can contact his parents/family without his knowledge?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thanks everybody for the advice! I've already blocked him on Facebook and changed all my settings as most people suggested, and I'm looking into blocking his number. My parents know about this, they don't know everything, but they know some things. I speak to his step brother every now and again, so I might mention something to him about it, although he's only 13 so might not fully understands. Anyway, thanks again for all your help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (102)
68%
No I haven't decided yet (28)
18.67%
Yes but I might change my mind (20)
13.33%

Watched Threads