mrlucas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
hello all,

soon i will have finished my online degree in management, and i will have achieved a first. im thrilled with this but im just wondering how well this will serve me in regards to graduate jobs, schemes, msc prospects at top unis etc? aside from things like investment banking where uni prestige is obviously key is it likely to limit me in anyway? i'd be interested in opinions or any experiences people have had.

thanks
mrlucas
Rep:
?
?
Elix
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Is it from the Open University of the United Kingdom? If so, you would not face much difficulties as it is a respected institution. However, online degrees from foreign institutions are probably not as well recognized.
mrlucas
Rep:
?
(Original post by Elix)
Is it from the Open University of the United Kingdom? If so, you would not face much difficulties as it is a respected institution. However, online degrees from foreign institutions are probably not as well recognized.
hi there, it's essex university online
Elix
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mrlucas)
hi there, it's essex university online
Well, that's a recognized university. So, as long as you have a 2.1 or up for your BA it shouldn't be too difficult to get into MA programmes.
mrlucas
Rep:
?
thanks elix, if i may extend the question i was hoping for some advice on my overall situation. with my foundation degree finished and having achieved a first, i have two options. either i continue with distance learning, get a first class honours and then get onto a decent ma course at a well respected university, or i go onto the second year of aston business schools management course. they are currently considering my application. i know i would be a bit older by the time i finished, but i am well aware of how highly regarded aston business school is.......

thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (53)
25.73%
No (153)
74.27%

Watched Threads