The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am also taking AQA biology, Specification A on the 16th of June, module 6 and 8.

I'm having trouble with synoptic papers, since there is not much questions to practise on!

Any place on web with sample questions?

Thanks
Reply 2
I havent found any im affraid but we are getting a list of possible one soon so will put them on here then.

cya
That'll be gr8!

Thanks a lot
Reply 4
hiya, i have some synoptic papers if you are interested. I'm doing the 2 modules everyone does and the ecology (Very boring) one.

regards,
What exam board? AQA?

Thanks for the offer of the synoptic papers. How will you get them online?

Ecology - ah! that was so boring. I remember from January, module 5.

I like to know, what does everyone thinks of AQA biology? What is the pass mark?

Thanks again
Hi!

Aqa biology module 6.....what do people recommned will come up this year?
Im doing AQA spec B,

My june modules are on the Environment and Applied Ecology. They're both really similar, which can be confusing as hell.

then again, we only really had to learn one set of stuff and be tested on it twice! Boring as f*** though.

I really need to revise. I need to learn the stuff in the first place. I need to see the paper in advance. Oh, and I'd quite like to skip the synoptic essay at the end. 25 marks, pain in the ass!!

Do you have to write an essay in spec A as well?
yes....the synoptic paper is also a pain!

We have module 8 in Spec A, which is the similar to module 9 in spec B, except the contents is different

I have not even prepared the essays properly!! You are not alone!
Its so scary its my next exam and although im all up to date on my sexual reproduction he he im dead worried about the central concepts paper, is anyone else as nervous?????
I'm resigned to getting a B. To get an A - i need an extra 60 marks across 2 papers, which is impossible!

Nervous - no, cos i know the most i can get is a B
its the way animals move and that eg to light. an example is the cheesybug experiment, where they move to damp areas
hey guys how did the exam go ? mine went ok i am doin aqa a does anyone know of any good revision sites for module 8a
Reply 13
i think that both the unit 4 + 5 went well.. 5 being a tad harder i seemed to think.. what do you lot think????
have any of you got the green AQA biology book? published by Collins. it has the whole content in it, as well as loads of synoptic questions at the end and tips and examples of essays.
Reply 14
yeah i have that book.

Its crap! it has no answers to the examination questions in it!
Just try writing essays on a variety of subjects, link AS and A2 work together. Look at the essay question in the exam and after you do the smaller questions you should have some ideas - when you get them write them all in a list.

Ani.
hi im also doing synoptic but ave dun 4 and 5 already why did irevise photosynthesis for about a week when it didnt even come up?
How dreadful was that module 6 exam?? I only need 50% in the two summer modules to get an A, but that went terribly wrong. Ive got over 90% in all the exams up to now, so it would be really unfair if these exams brought my mark down to a B!!! I'd better revise for the synoptic, but I really cant be bothered. I have like a million other exams this week, it's so not fair!!!
i thought it was rally hard too i mean some of the questions were trying to catch you out i just keep looking in my book and thinking i got it wrong can u remember the question about the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system coz i cant remember weather it was asking about cardiac output therefore arteries or about the arterioles leading to the skin beause its different for each of them ... hope this makes sense
i really hated the exam !!!!
God how hard was that module 6?!?!?

I keep trying to count up how many marks i think i lost. I need to get 53% in both 6 and 8 for an A and i didnt think it would b that hard but apparently i was wrong!!!! dont think i got anywhere near that. oh well synoptic tommorow, which is why im on the net, trying to find something to help me. AAAAAAAAH!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending