?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
http://chortle.co.uk/news/2013/01/17...id-life_crisis
GottaLovePhysics! :)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Love the K man, but its all too forced now.

True pilky-bods listen to the XFM days, not an idiot abroad.
Annie72
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I still reckon it's all an act personally.

Tis funny though
Mister Dead
Rep:
?
(Original post by Annie72)
I still reckon it's all an act personally.

Tis funny though
yeah, most of it definitely is. I reckon he's been hamstrung by Gervias cackling, unimagintive pranks though. Inclined to wonder if this could give him a bit more freedom to explore the 'character'
Mister Dead
Rep:
?
(Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
is that so
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mister Dead)
yeah, most of it definitely is. I reckon he's been hamstrung by Gervias cackling, unimagintive pranks though. Inclined to wonder if this could give him a bit more freedom to explore the 'character'
is that so
This is exactly what im talking about. Its so forced he is now blatently putting it on.

However, if you listen to the original few years of him on the XFM show you will se he isnt. Ofcourse most dont listen to this; why would they.
venenecinema
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Love the K man, but its all too forced now.

I agree with this. It's the combination of Karl's genuine idiocy, Ricky's taunting and the banter with Steve that made them funny. Without those three components it just isn't nearly as good.
Mister Dead
Rep:
?
I don't understand why anyone that was a pilkington fan would stop listening after the XFM podcasts or not give this a chance.
Amin92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This is exactly what im talking about. Its so forced he is now blatently putting it on.

However, if you listen to the original few years of him on the XFM show you will se he isnt. Ofcourse most dont listen to this; why would they.
I agree, he was much more natural back in the xfm days but he's still incredibly funny and I'll watch anything he is in/on.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't understand why anyone that was a pilkington fan would stop listening after the XFM podcasts or not give this a chance.
Im repeating myself now but its exactly that reason. This feels forced, that was very natural. The jokes he makes now are a rehash of the originally genius comments he has made off hand before. So I will still give it a go ofcourse, im just not excited for it.

Also, "XFM podcats" makes me think you dont know about the original radio shows? I cant be right there surly?
Mister Dead
Rep:
?
Im repeating myself now but its exactly that reason. This feels forced, that was very natural. The jokes he makes now are a rehash of the originally genius comments he has made off hand before. So I will still give it a go ofcourse, im just not excited for it.

Also, "XFM podcats" makes me think you dont know about the original radio shows? I cant be right there surly?
na that's just me mixing my adam and joe and gervais up.

Everything Gervais has had a hand in has been derivative of his earliest radio and television work. Precisely why this has piqued my interest
Where'sPerry?
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Yes, especially the latest season of An Idiot Abroad. I was completely disappointed as it wasn't anywhere near as funny as anything else Karl has ever done. Also, I felt it was advertised as this huge series when it was only three parts; when the third one ended I was just like, what???

Where can I actually listen to the original XFM shows (not podcasts)? Tried to find the audio before but I couldn't; I've been reading the transcripts instead, god they crack me up.
Mister Dead
Rep:
?
(Original post by Where'sPerry?)
Yes, especially the latest season of An Idiot Abroad. I was completely disappointed as it wasn't anywhere near as funny as anything else Karl has ever done. Also, I felt it was advertised as this huge series when it was only three parts; when the third one ended I was just like, what???

Where can I actually listen to the original XFM shows (not podcasts)? Tried to find the audio before but I couldn't; I've been reading the transcripts instead, god they crack me up.
youtube
Where'sPerry?
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
youtube
Cheers, I'll have a look.
Guru Jason
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/user/KarlPilkingtonNo1

This is alot of his best stuff. I must have listened to every video two or three times over.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Where'sPerry?)
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/35460...XFM_Collection

Hours of it, minus the songs in almost all cases.

WITH SUCH CLASSIC FEATURES AS

-That Film Sounds Good
-Rockbusters
-Songs With a Phrase
-Monkeynews
-Do We Need \'Em.

Mister dead, if you havnt listened to these, you should do.

Love the times that Karl just leaves early, dosnt turn up for weeks to end to holiday, etc...
Where'sPerry?
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

-That Film Sounds Good
-Rockbusters
-Songs With a Phrase
-Monkeynews
-Do We Need \'Em.

Love the times that Karl just leaves early, dosnt turn up for weeks to end to holiday, etc...
Ah this is brilliant!! Thanks very much.

"You never see an old man eating a Twix!"
Mister Dead
Rep:
?

-That Film Sounds Good
-Rockbusters
-Songs With a Phrase
-Monkeynews
-Do We Need \'Em.

cheers, i've heard it all though

there was some confusion caused by my saying podcast rather than show. just force of habit cos I always listened to A&J podcast instead of show because of the whiney indie music.

I've certainly enjoyed it over the years, but never much liked Gervais or Merchant much for that matter either. I was always an Adam and Joe man, for whom I still pine each Saturday morning
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads