Staying in London for Uni Watch

esme100
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have always lived in London and find it one of the most exciting and interesting places in the world. It also has some of the best universities in the country. If I did not live in London already then a uni there would undoubtedly be my first choice, however I am worried that I will not get the experience of properly leaving home for university. Even if I did get halls, I would always be 20 minutes away from my family. My boyfriend also lives in London which is another reason why I would like to stay there. Does staying in your home town prevent you from getting a true university experience?
MetChristofi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have the same thought as you. My main choice is Ravensbourne which is a bus journey from my house. I think you might miss some experiences. But I think you will still make as many friends as you would if you was living in halls. If you want true independence though living in halls is great. But if you wanna save money and not have the hassle staying at home is awesome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads