Do guys like funny girls? Watch

Sassy12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm always told that I'm funny by both guys and girls; I mean a LOT, but I'm just curious to know whether guys actually like funny girls because I always see on here about guys not liking girls who are funny.

In terms of looks I've been told that I'm ''hot'' and ''beautifull'' by some males, so I'm aware that I'm not ugly, but I'd say overall I'm average in the looks department: not ugly but not a stunner.
bssjonny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Funny girls are the best.
cleveradam
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
you would know by now if they do...
uniblogspot
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
As with all things - one persons opinion will go against another just as 'funny' to one person is not 'funny' to another.

Personally - a girl that I can share a bit of banter with makes me happiest. For that she needs to trust that I'm being playful and not rude and also that I can take what I give (in fact, I actually want her to retaliate playfully.)

But as I'm hinting at - being consistently funny takes more than knowing a good joke or being quick off the mark with an observation, especially in a relationship

But that's just me!
almalibre11111
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sassy12)
I'm always told that I'm funny by both guys and girls; I mean a LOT, but I'm just curious to know whether guys actually like funny girls because I always see on here about guys not liking girls who are funny.

In terms of looks I've been told that I'm ''hot'' and ''beautifull'' by some males, so I'm aware that I'm not ugly, but I'd say overall I'm average in the looks department: not ugly but not a stunner.

without a picture im brad pitt and you are anglelina jolie...{it terms of looks always...:cool:}
Pawsies
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If we look at comedians men do tend to dominate the industry. However that's not to say that all females aren't funny.

Also while you may class yourself as pretty funny, someone else might have a different sense of humour so would find you unfunny.

Totally subjective.
Réquíém
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i love funny girls they are awesome
marcus2001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I hate funny girls, if they can make me laugh then I'd rather not know them to be honest.
miser
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's awkward when you can't have a laugh with a girl, so yes, funny girls are good.
Sassy12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Pawsies)
If we look at comedians men do tend to dominate the industry. However that's not to say that all females aren't funny.

Also while you may class yourself as pretty funny, someone else might have a different sense of humour so would find you unfunny.

Totally subjective.
Oh, I know that not everyone will find me funny, but generally a lot of people do tell me that I am so I'm assuming I must have a decent sense of humour.

I'm just wondering whether this could be seen as off putting?
cambio wechsel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by marcus2001)
I hate funny girls, if they can make me laugh then I'd rather not know them to be honest.
I liked it.
py0alb
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes

/thread
OllieGCSEs
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sassy12)
Oh, I know that not everyone will find me funny, but generally a lot of people do tell me that I am so I'm assuming I must have a decent sense of humour.

I'm just wondering whether this could be seen as off putting?
Being funny is nothing but an advantage (providing it fits everyone's sense of humour)!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
GR3YFOXXX
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I dunno, I've yet to actually meet one
FootyMad123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by GR3YFOXXX)
I dunno, I've yet to actually meet one
Me too!

bottomsup!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I’m funny how? I mean funny, like I’m a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I’m here to ****in’ amuse you? Whattya you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny?
Aries1992
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wish I was funny :-( My Sisters hilarious - comedian in our family.

I have the humour of a cornflake.

Pawsies
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Aries1992)
I have the humour of a cornflake.
Haha reminds me of this.

Name:  14.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  28.5 KB
scrotgrot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A shared sense of humour is one of the most important things in a relationship. If you analyse your talk with your friends you will find most of it is stupid jokes. If you stripped those out your conversations would be very dull, short and functional indeed.

As a girl you probably also have to learn not to take what men say so seriously. If I could not banter with my girlfriend I would not feel comfortable in the relationship, feeling like I was censoring myself.
llessur123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think a better way to say it would be they like girls with a sense of humour. I doubt having a comedian is the number one thing a man needs but it's definitely not a bad thing so don't worry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (24)
6.92%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.51%
I don't think they'd understand (53)
15.27%
It might lead to more bullying (133)
38.33%
There's nothing they could do (104)
29.97%

Watched Threads