The Student Room Group

OCR Physics Unit 2 - G482 - (June Exams Preparation)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by Kamal_Voltaic
I wrote that it decreased because the potential difference across the LDR decreased, and they're both parallel, so..
But that might be completely wrong. Ugh.

Yes I put the same as this, due to the ratio of the potential divider decreasing...
Reply 761
I wrote that it decreased because the potential difference across the LDR decreased, and they're both parallel, so..
But that might be completely wrong. Ugh.

I wrote that the PD will decrease too, but because current is able to flow through the LDR and as an alternative route, as the resistance of the LDR was 400 but the other resister was 750 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 762
Original post by ellsss
what did people write about for how the potential difference changes in the resistor as the LDR's resistance decreases?

Something like:
Current through LDR increases
Current in circuit increases
P.d. across LDR increases
LDR in parallel with resistor so p.d. of LDR increases.
Or something like that :confused:
Original post by Gotzz
I wrote: a wave that transfers energy from one point to another.
But I know that's not enough for 2 marks :/

yeah i think you gain the second mark for saying that they move energy in the form of vibrations/ oscillations of the particles.
Reply 764
Original post by Dr.Monstaa
. No, I didn't do that, I rearranged lambda=ax/D. To get x and used the values provided

The 8mm value provided didn't give the value of x because it wasn't the spacing between two bright fringes, it was for like 4 bright fringes
Reply 765
Original post by JAY21564
I wrote that the PD will decrease too, but because current is able to flow through the LDR and as an alternative route, as the resistance of the LDR was 400 but the other resister was 750 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got that as the resistance of the LDR decreases the total resistance of the circuit increases, so the total current in the circuit must increase. For the fixed resistor, it would have a greater voltage then, and as voltage is shared the voltage across the LDR must be less.

For that charged battery one though, ended up with 7.11 :frown:
I think I did E=VIt or something
Original post by ellsss
what did people write about for how the potential difference changes in the resistor as the LDR's resistance decreases?

I put that more current could flow through the LDR so the potential difference of the LDR increases, less current will therefore go through the fixed resistor so as V=IR the potential difference of the fixed resistor will decrease
Reply 767
For the first semiconductor/resistivity question did you guys say that resisitivity increased with temperature due to more electrons breaking free from their atoms. So the current increasing and the resistance decreasing.

EDIT: i meant to say resistivity decreased sox
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 768
Anyone onto an unoffical markscheme?
Original post by hannahsm
For the first semiconductor/resistivity question did you guys say that resisitivity increased with temperature due to more electrons breaking free from their atoms. So the current increasing and the resistance decreasing.

I think resistivity decreases with temperature (aswell as resistance)
Original post by J10
What do people think gradeboundaries willl be for an A (and for 130, 140 and 150 UMS)?

for an A it will prob be like 65 or so
Reply 771

No, I kinda just talked about the gradient getting steeper as the p.d. increases and R=1/gradient so resistance decreases, so resistivity decreases as they're proportional.
ETA: oh and I said as current increases, temperature increases.
Original post by Gotzz
Something like:
Current through LDR increases
Current in circuit increases
P.d. across LDR increases
LDR in parallel with resistor so p.d. of LDR increases.
Or something like that :confused:

with a mention of the fixed resistor and LDR in parallel shows that the voltage over both of them is equal so i think you would treat it as adding resistors in parallel so the overall resistance of both of them together resulted in a lower resistance so the P.d share would fall in favour on the other fixed resistor (R1 i think they called it) causing there to be a decrease in voltage across the LDR and fixed resistor that i was in parallel with. i think.
Reply 773
Original post by MelissaW_xo
I think resistivity decreases with temperature (aswell as resistance)

so soz thats what i meant...
Reply 774
Original post by Gotzz
How many s.f. was your charge to?

I don't remember what i used for charge :frown:
Reply 775
I put that, for semiconductors, temperature is proportonal to the inverse of resistance, which implies that as temperature increases, resistance will decrease, which then tells us that as temperature increases, the resistivity will also decrease. And then some other stuff to prove that
Reply 776
Original post by bradley-tracey
with a mention of the fixed resistor and LDR in parallel shows that the voltage over both of them is equal so i think you would treat it as adding resistors in parallel so the overall resistance of both of them together resulted in a lower resistance so the P.d share would fall in favour on the other fixed resistor (R1 i think they called it) causing there to be a decrease in voltage across the LDR and fixed resistor that i was in parallel with. i think.

Yeah that makes sense :/
so soz thats what i meant...

Oh okay then yes I think that's good :smile:
Original post by Dubai Nan Bread
Did anybody put Ultraviolet and Infa Red for the last question

I put Infrafred for the small jump in energy and ultraviolet for the big jump in energy
Damn. I didn't mention those goddamn oscillating particles.

I wrote: A wave that transfers energy, without transferring matter, as a result of oscillation. ::rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending