The Student Room Group

how can i make my boyfriend stay with me?

di
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
You can't. He's been presented with two choices and only he can make that decision. You cannot. In the end, it is his happiness that matters most of all. There is literally nothing you can do about it and you have to await his final decision.

If he goes back home, then make the best of what you have. Or move with him to Iran.
Reply 2
Unfortunately you can´t make him stay with you. If he wants to - he will. If he stays because he feels he has to, then it´s not right anyway. It´s sad but it sounds like there´s more reasons for him to go home than stay here.
Reply 3
Original post by casiogeek
i cant move to Israel with him..he doesnt want that. because i dont know the language he thinks ill be lonely and miserable but ive told him im willing to learn the langauge and move there but hes having none of it

In that case, you're left with the former option. Make the best of it. I apologise, but your relationship is like a spacecraft drifting into the sun. Your boyfriend is the pilot and only he can change the course.

You make the best of it and make sure your relationship ends on a happy note. Sadly all good things cannot last forever.

PS: Don't Israelis speak English as a second language anyway?
Reply 4
Original post by Ammish
In that case, you're left with the former option. Make the best of it. I apologise, but your relationship is like a spacecraft drifting into the sun. Your boyfriend is the pilot and only he can change the course.

You make the best of it and make sure your relationship ends on a happy note. Sadly all good things cannot last forever.

PS: Don't Israelis speak English as a second language anyway?

yes his second language is english
Reply 5
me and my boyfriend go to uni but he's originally from Israel. he's been offered a job when he finished uni and he's also got the army to think about. He misses home alot but the only thing stopping him from moving back is me. He's now doubting our relationship and doesnt know whether to break up with me and move back after uni or stay here in england with me! I dont know what i can do to make him stay with me. he's my first love and i cant bare the thought of him leaving me. ive told him we can visit israel as many times as he wants but hes still unsure.
Is there anything i can do to make him stay with me?
He doesnt want me moving over there though. i've told him im willing to learn the language but he said its not an option.

Good man. If he were selfish he'd take you up on the offer of going there with you. So he actually cares about you.
Reply 6
i cant move to Israel with him..he doesnt want that. because i dont know the language he thinks ill be lonely and miserable but ive told him im willing to learn the langauge and move there but hes having none of it

Think about it realistically. Being alone in another country where you don't speak the language is a very overwhelming thing. If you were in the situation where you had only him to rely on, that would certainly not be good for your relationship. Would you really be happy moving away from your life here, your friends and your family?

This is his choice to make alone, and I know it is difficult when you're in love, but you need to take a step back. Don't try to influence his decision. Being clingy won't work in your favour.

Try to stay positive - even if he does decide to move away, it's not the end of your life. It's hard to lose a first love, but people survive and get over it. Try to concentrate on what's in store for your life, regardless of what he's doing in his.
Reply 7
Original post by Ammish
Or move with him to Iran.

Freudian slip?
Reply 8
Let him go. If **** hits the fan he's going to be blaming you.
Reply 9
Original post by danny111
Good man. If he were selfish he'd take you up on the offer of going there with you. So he actually cares about you.

Actually yeah, this. From the horror stories I hear, there are huge discrimination laws against non-jewish migrants. Plus the fact it is becoming more and more authoritarian (such as over-turning the supreme court to get rid of protesters) and we're witnessing the country that becomes the very thing they hate.

I wouldn't move to Israel.
You can't make him stay. At the end of the day, it'll be his decision, it's his life.

He might be your first love, but if the worst comes to worst, you'll be alright. I certainly am, you simply have to be. :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Ammish
Actually yeah, this. From the horror stories I hear, there are huge discrimination laws against non-jewish migrants. Plus the fact it is becoming more and more authoritarian (such as over-turning the supreme court to get rid of protesters) and we're witnessing the country that becomes the very thing they hate.

I wouldn't move to Israel.

Well and it's dangerous too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending