DonnieBrasco
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys, I'm currently at Sheffield uni reading chemistry. I had already applied to do Medicine but didnt get in, took a gap year and then re-applied, didnt get in again but took my chem back-up. Does anyone know if I can apply through UCAS to do medicine even though I'm already at uni? If I get an offer could I just drop out of Sheffield to take the medicine offer? Oh and I have AAA at A-level.

Or is this not at all possible?

Thanks
myyrh
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by DonnieBrasco)
Hi guys, I'm currently at Sheffield uni reading chemistry. I had already applied to do Medicine but didnt get in, took a gap year and then re-applied, didnt get in again but took my chem back-up. Does anyone know if I can apply through UCAS to do medicine even though I'm already at uni? If I get an offer could I just drop out of Sheffield to take the medicine offer? Oh and I have AAA at A-level.

Or is this not at all possible?

Thanks
Some medical schools allow that for applicants who are in their first year of the degree at the time of applying. As far as I know, no medical school will accept an application from a student in their second year. You would be required to either finish your degree and apply, or apply during your final year (standard method for graduates basically)
DonnieBrasco
Rep:
?
OK so seeing as I've missed application for this year I will have to apply for post grad medicine.

Thanks
kolatytler
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You may find this useful: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...fferent_Course
Becca-Sarah
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by DonnieBrasco)
OK so seeing as I've missed application for this year I will have to apply for post grad medicine.

Thanks
I'm being pedantic, but it's graduate entry medicine. Postgraduate medicine involves being a doctor already.
DonnieBrasco
Rep:
?
True, thank you for the correction
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
14.29%
They might tell the bully (2)
14.29%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
21.43%
It might lead to more bullying (3)
21.43%
There's nothing they could do (4)
28.57%

Watched Threads