Now Bulgarian Foreign Minister Threatens the UK Watch

Ace123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-...its-clampdown/

Seems the foreign minister is warning the UK and is demanding Bulgarians have free access to the NHS and benefits.

Pull out of the EU now and let them all go to Germany just not here
Snagprophet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Urgh, definitely voting a pro-referendum party next elections regardless that they don't care about marriage or their contradictions regarding it.
callum9999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ace123)
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-...its-clampdown/

Seems the foreign minister is warning the UK and is demanding Bulgarians have free access to the NHS and benefits.

Pull out of the EU now and let them all go to Germany just not here
How on earth is saying that the UK, an EU member, should follow EU law a "threat"?
dada55
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think the article uses warn wrongly, He is just expressing that there are benefits to immigrants and it's not all negative. The article also makes it seem like that people would migrate here just to use those services(NHS, etc etc) and not for what most immigrants would do which is: Pay for rent, find a job, and pay taxes. Yes there will be people who abuse the system, but there are people abusing all sorts of benefits here who are British. Blaming immigrants for the cause of recession and benefits cuttings is a good political tool because people actually believe it (and forget the real reasons).
I cannot believe people actually think there is any chance the UK will pull out from the EU anyway. Again it's just another excuse:"Our money is going into developing other countries and not ours". Complete crap. If that was true, then they should of pulled out ages ago.
gladders
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bulgarians are not entitled to most UK benefits. They can apply for housing benefit, but only if they are employed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads