The Student Room Group

Would you date an unemployed person?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, I think most people are unemployed at some point in their life, I wouldn't rule someone out just because I met them at a point where they happened to be unemployed. The people who said no - if you were dating someone who was employed but suddenly lost their job due to the company going into administration, would you stop dating/being in a relationship with them? It's a difficult climate to find a job in at the moment, plus people are losing their jobs due to industries dwindling and companies going into administration, yet being unemployed has such a stigma attached to it. As long as they were looking for work or taking steps to get back into work such as training, I would date them. If they were one of the few people happy being on benefits and not genuinely trying to find a job I would be put off, but just for the fact it suggests they think everything should be handed to them on a plate, and I don't find that attitude attractive.
Nope. I'm all for evolution. Survival of the fittest and providing resources - essential for mate choice :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending