stefan-west1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi all,

I've applied for Bsc Aircraft Maintenance Engineering at Glamorgan university and today got a conditional offer back. I'm currently studying maths, physics, BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in ICT and General Studies. These are all 4 subjects I put on my UCAS application. On the offer it states:

GCE A level
Grades CC
including

GCE A level
Grade C in any of
Mathematics
Physics

and

BTEC 6-unit Award
Merit

Does this mean that I can use my general studies as one of my A levels towards this. As in use my ICT, my physics and my General studies. I can't seem to find anything anywhere that suggests whether or not they accept it. Any help, massive thanks

Llewellyn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by stefan-west1)
Hi all,

I've applied for Bsc Aircraft Maintenance Engineering at Glamorgan university and today got a conditional offer back. I'm currently studying maths, physics, BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in ICT and General Studies. These are all 4 subjects I put on my UCAS application. On the offer it states:

GCE A level
Grades CC
including

GCE A level
Grade C in any of
Mathematics
Physics

and

BTEC 6-unit Award
Merit

Does this mean that I can use my general studies as one of my A levels towards this. As in use my ICT, my physics and my General studies. I can't seem to find anything anywhere that suggests whether or not they accept it. Any help, massive thanks

As far as I'm aware, unless they state "This does not include general studies" - then you can use it. But you need a C in Physics and/or maths - which is clearly stated.

As with all offers, you should aim higher than the requirements of course.
TenOfThem
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by stefan-west1)

on their website some degrees specify "excluding general studies"

but not on you page, so it looks good

however, looking at the content of the course, it looks as though a lot of maths knowledge will be helpful
stefan-west1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thanks for the advice. I am still focusing on my maths I just feel more confident about my physics. Thanks though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads