How do I get a boyfriend? Watch

Curtiss
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm 18 and I have never, ever had a boyfriend I've had people who I fancy, but nobody has ever asked me out. I know people younger than me who have children and yet I have never even been kissed. Nobody has shown any interest, although one of my friends said that she thought a boy I 'like' fancied me. But even though I've seen him nearly every day for a while now, when I've tried to talk to him, he just stares blankly and grunts an answer.
It sounds stupid and desperate, but you know, it's a little embarrassing telling people you've never been kissed. Should I go onto dating sites or should I just leave it and spend the rest of my life as a spinster? .

Please help!!!!
??

Thanks.
derek1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
you for real lol? unless your an absolute minging dog then you should have no trouble geting someone maybe not a boyfriend but im sure someone would pop your cherry so to speak hth
Seaton
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm two years older than you and never been kissed.

Couldn't care less what others think about that fact.

You shouldn't feel embarrassed, it's hardly the exception.
BefuddledPenguin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Instead of waiting to be asked out, why don't you do the asking, it's nice for us men to be asked out too. Also you shouldn't really be jealous of people younger than you with children, all they have done is tie themselves down too early. At 18 you are slightly too young to be too concerned about this really, you are just barely an adult.
rjm101
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Quit waiting for a guy to ask you out and ask him out instead. Plenty of us guys are just as shy. Either that or make it obvious to him that you like him so asking you out isnt so hard.
CasualSoul
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Seaton)
I'm two years older than you and never been kissed.

Couldn't care less what others think about that fact.

You shouldn't feel embarrassed, it's hardly the exception.
This

OP there are quite lot of people out there who are around your age/ older and who haven' been kiised/ asked out etc. You don't want to rush things and end up getting hurt just go with the flow and I'm sure you will find someone who likes you and who you like rather than trying so hard to find a bf and then lowering your standards or settling for someone who is no good and treats you bad just because they agreed to go out with you
Anonymous #1
Report 6 years ago
I asked my best friend out, he turned me down :/
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
I didn't have my first proper kiss until I was eighteen. I always felt like I was a late starter so to speak especially when I knew lots of people had already had sex by that age. But it certainly didn't do me any harm at all
Pawsies
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How do I get a boyfriend?

By getting off TSR and going out to find one
Curtiss
Rep:
?
(Original post by BefuddledPenguin)
Instead of waiting to be asked out, why don't you do the asking, it's nice for us men to be asked out too. Also you shouldn't really be jealous of people younger than you with children, all they have done is tie themselves down too early. At 18 you are slightly too young to be too concerned about this really, you are just barely an adult.
Its not the having the children that I'm annoyed about - I don't want to have kid for a long time. It's the fact that they've gone a long way past kissing and I haven't even got to the kissing stage yet.

Sorry, I'm being silly.
Curtiss
Rep:
?
(Original post by rjm101)
Quit waiting for a guy to ask you out and ask him out instead. Plenty of us guys are just as shy. Either that or make it obvious to him that you like him so asking you out isn't so hard.
I've tried making it obvious and it hasn't worked. Also, I'm too shy to even talk to men properly, let alone ask them out.
rjm101
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Curtiss)
I've tried making it obvious and it hasn't worked. Also, I'm too shy to even talk to men properly, let alone ask them out.
I can only assume that the guy isnt interested then but its hard to judge exactly how clear your signals are. You need to find ways to start interacting with him more. Its better if its outside school, sixth form college or whatever.
Zarek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Dress nicely and be friendly and it will happen sometime. Dating is not easy for many people. See if you can push the boundaries of you shyness. Boys are seldom unpleasant to girls making a friendly approach.
ilem
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Curtiss)
So maybe the guys are also too shy to talk to you. Someone has to take the first step or things will never move forward. They won't bloody kill you for expressing interest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads