Sharlote
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm 15, my mum has been having ago at me constantly for months now everything is my fault and she don't listen when I try and talk. My step dad takes her side over everything and the rest of my family hate me. I have no idea where I can go because my friends have no room to put me up. My dad walked out when I was 3 and I haven't seen him since.
I'm in the middle of my GCSE's and when I sit and do coursework I get told off for sitting in my room all the time. Every time I go out with friends I come in and get accused of drinking, smoking, taking drugs and sleeping around. I get blamed for my dad walking out, every argument is my fault even when I'm not here and when my mums friend died that was my fault as well because I have no respect.
I have to look after my brother and sister because they're too lazy so I don't get any time to myself. I can't go to the social because they said I wasted their time last time. My school can't help and I have no idea where I can go, I have no money, no job and no one I can rely on. There is more to the situation such as many problems from the past.
I'm not 16 til May and they are kicking me out by the end of next month. I've put up with her hitting me and kicking me out since I can remember. When I was little I got sent to my nans but we've fell out now and she lives 2 hours away. Does anyone know where I could go?
Punksister19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I recon you should give social workers another go, if the people you went to first didn't work then there's a kabillion agencies set up for this kind of situation.
If you don't want to do that or that doesn't work then just try anything you can to get a job, as soon as you get an income you can get a bedsit or something like that, it'll be **** but if you want to move out then that's what you should do.
Do you want to find your dad?
Sharlote
Rep:
?
(Original post by Punksister19)
I recon you should give social workers another go, if the people you went to first didn't work then there's a kabillion agencies set up for this kind of situation.
If you don't want to do that or that doesn't work then just try anything you can to get a job, as soon as you get an income you can get a bedsit or something like that, it'll be **** but if you want to move out then that's what you should do.
Do you want to find your dad?
Yes but I don't have any way and I don't know what his name is because I was soo young and my mum won't talk about it :'(
Punksister19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sharlote)
Yes but I don't have any way and I don't know what his name is because I was soo young and my mum won't talk about it :'(
That's rough, you got any other family members you can ask?
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you spoke to anyone like Connexions? You can't get benefits until you're 16 if you are kicked out and have to find somewhere to stay.
Sharlote
Rep:
?
(Original post by Punksister19)
That's rough, you got any other family members you can ask?
No my mums family thinks I do nothing but lie so none of them will say anything to me
Aries1992
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So sorry to hear about your situation

I went through a lot with my Mum when I was younger and always had her threatening to kick me out until I eventually moved out. Sounds so stressful as well as your doing your GCSEs you really don't need this!

I'd advise like the above poster and try Connexions or any other young persons charity. We have a few here but I'm not sure where your from.

Stay Strong... And focus on your education. That will be your escape in the future.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
cl_steele
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
legally speaking she cant kick you out till youre 16 i swear?
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How can parents do **** like that? they can kick out when you're only 16??? you're practically still a baby ffs.

Definitely contact social services.
tufc
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Contact social services. As an under-18, the local authority have a legal duty to house you.
Juichiro
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 2ndClass)
How can parents do **** like that? they can kick out when you're only 16??? you're practically still a baby ffs.

Definitely contact social services.
For the sake of universal human rights, parenthood should not be a right.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.28%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.35%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.37%

Watched Threads