Windows Media Centre TV Recording/Playback Watch

Minardi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi,

Quick one, had been using WMC on my main 2TB HDD to record/watch TV with no problems. Had an old Seagate 250GB HDD in an old external HDD and was low on space on the main HDD so I gutted the HDD out and mounted it in my case. Now when I record stuff it jitters, like the frame rate has dropped or something. Copying the recording to my SSD boot drive to test, it still jitters but much less. The HDD Read speed on it is around the 65MB mark according to HDD Tune.

Is the old disk just not up to it?

Cheers,
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Minardi)
Hi,

Quick one, had been using WMC on my main 2TB HDD to record/watch TV with no problems. Had an old Seagate 250GB HDD in an old external HDD and was low on space on the main HDD so I gutted the HDD out and mounted it in my case. Now when I record stuff it jitters, like the frame rate has dropped or something. Copying the recording to my SSD boot drive to test, it still jitters but much less. The HDD Read speed on it is around the 65MB mark according to HDD Tune.

Is the old disk just not up to it?

Cheers,
Aren't external drives usually slower compared to internal ones.........
Download CrystalDiskinfo and check the status of the hard drive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.3%
No (214)
76.7%

Watched Threads