The Student Room Group

Are iGCSE's equivalent to GCSE's

Hi everyone, I got a C in english and i wanted to improve and i somehow still managed to get a C, AGAIN!!.... In my new sixth form i asked the examiner officer that I would like to retake that again as I think C's are not good enough for unis and she offered me to do an Edexcel international gcse and now I'm not sure if i should just retake my old eng or do this iGCSE!! :s-smilie:

Please help....!!!
Reply 1
Original post by Mr boombang
Hi everyone, I got a C in english and i wanted to improve and i somehow still managed to get a C, AGAIN!!.... In my new sixth form i asked the examiner officer that I would like to retake that again as I think C's are not good enough for unis and she offered me to do an Edexcel international gcse and now I'm not sure if i should just retake my old eng or do this iGCSE!! :s-smilie:

Please help....!!!

IGCSE and GCSE are equivalent qualifications as far UK universities and employers are concerned. Many independent and some state schools in the UK use IGCSE instead of GCSE. They are a good alternative to GCSE in many subjects becuase they don't require coursework or controlled assessments and can be tested by examination only.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
thank you

and so do you think that me doing iGCSE english should be fine to get into any universities?!
Reply 3
Original post by Mr boombang
thank you

and so do you think that me doing iGCSE english should be fine to get into any universities?!

Absolutely 100% yes :smile: good luck with your application

Quick Reply

Latest