Grindwarfare
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey there! Im thinking of coming to Hertfordshire for next year to continue my studies and i was wondering if there was an Atheist society and any people that are anarchists or interested in anarchism!

Cheers
Pop_tart
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Grindwarfare)
Hey there! Im thinking of coming to Hertfordshire for next year to continue my studies and i was wondering if there was an Atheist society and any people that are anarchists or interested in anarchism!

Cheers
As far as I know there is no such society no and the UHSU website doesn't have it on their list either so I'm assuming there is none.

You can always start one!

http://www.uhsu.co.uk/
Grindwarfare
Rep:
?
Alright thanks! Also another random question. Do you know about the vegan foods that are served in the university? If any are served
Pop_tart
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Alright thanks! Also another random question. Do you know about the vegan foods that are served in the university? If any are served
I know of the sandwiches they have only 1 or 2 are vegan (the ones with humus), most of the salad bar is vegan obviously avoid the ones with mayo.

their jacket potato with beans are good, chips are good (all veg oil).

They also sell paninis, some of which are vegan.

They sometimes have whole meals that are vegan but if you are unsure just ask the staff, they are also very helpful and they always get the chef out for me who even comes out with the packaging sometimes!

I happen to be vegan myself actually
Grindwarfare
Rep:
?
Awesome man! I just started going vegan while searching for it for like 6 months and stuff! Would like to meet you next year! Cheers
Pop_tart
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Awesome man! I just started going vegan while searching for it for like 6 months and stuff! Would like to meet you next year! Cheers
That's cool, there are quite a lot of good documentaries on the subject out there

What have you applied for? Before you ask, I have already graduated from herts but now work there so although I'm now longer a student I am still around
Grindwarfare
Rep:
?
I've applied for bussines managment and oil&gas something What are you doing there now? And i was wondering also if there are any places on the campus where you can jam or band practice and stuff
Pop_tart
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've applied for bussines managment and oil&gas something What are you doing there now? And i was wondering also if there are any places on the campus where you can jam or band practice and stuff
I work in the HR department at Herts

I'm actually not sure about that one! You can definitely book a room and if you do this in the evening it shouldn't be a problem that you make some noise Some societies book rooms in the evening and hold small parties with music or some activity so I don't think it would be much of a problem.

There is a proper studio at herts as well but I don't know if you can just book that or not, I'll have a look for you on monday!
UHSUofficial
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you have any questions about starting a society then our Societies team will be happy to answer any questions that you have: [email protected].

Hope to see you next year!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Postgraduate
    Wed, 6 Nov '19
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads