Calculated or "Spur of the moment" murders, does one deserve a worse punishment? Watch

ValerieStarr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Watching Inside Death Row with Trevor McDonald and this thought randomly occurred to me.
Do you believe those who plan for months, or even years, to kill someone and succeed deserve to be punished more harshly than those who do it on the 'spur of the moment' (or the other way round) ?
Adileh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Depends. i mean, Who would you rather meet in a dark alleyway.....A cold blooded hit man who only kills targets or a crazy 'spur of the moment' psychopath?

just because people plan, it does not necessarily make them more dangerous to the public. Justice should ultimately be about protecting the public. Not punishment.
JessicaTSR
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spur of the moment.. They often don't realise themselves what they've done until its over.. That's scarier than someone planning to kill someone for a reason that's been planned out over months or years!
cl_steele
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
nope, you kill you kill its simple as that they should have the book thrown at them regardless. although that being said something like a drunken bar brawl or the like which just gets out of hand i feel should be treated slightly less severely generally seeing as they most likely did not intend to kill anyone and its more likely than not an accident.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.3%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.09%
Not great so far... (257)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.72%

Watched Threads