Self Teaching AQA Sociology Help Needed Watch

lengez1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
The current situation I find myself in - don't ask how I got there - is that I need to self teach the entire AQA Sociology A-Level between now and summer exams. I've received an offer from Goldsmiths asking for a Grade A in Sociology, and I would really like to go.

The modules I'm doing are Culture & Identity, Education & Research Methods, Beliefs in Society and finally Crime & Deviance with Theory & Methods. I've taught myself about three quarters of Culture & Identity but that is all.

My work ethic is, admittedly, quite poor. I am spurred on, however, by the offer from Goldsmiths and with my ability there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to buckle down and get it done

Is it reasonable to aim to achieve this in that time period? How long should I be spending on each module?
Aries1992
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Are you taking any other exams or will it just be these? If so then it's definitely possible to get an A. The first two modules are quite easy in terms of how much material you need to revise but A2 is a lot harder (not in understanding or leaning the context but just remembering it all).

I got a B overall A (Unit1) B (Unit2) B (Unit3) and A (Unit4). I practically had to self teach as my teacher and other class mates wasn't interested.

I think I'm going to resit one of my Bs as I was only something like 8 marks of an A overall. However, I did mine with OCR but if you need any help or have any questions pm me

Good Luck.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (54)
25.59%
No (157)
74.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed