I think I've messed up my UCAS application!! Watch

Pseudo-truth
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello, all, sorry for the somewhat frantic nature of this post but I'm really beginning to worry

Basically, I sent off my UCAS form last week, thought everything was alright, got my predicted grades, et cetera. I've taken a slightly awkward route through sixth form, deciding, after personal circumstances, to take an extra year in order to make up for an appalling first year. Anyway, because of this, I completed A2 Philosophy last year, and got a B out of it.

Anyway, the teacher and I thought that I would be able to achieve an A this year this year if I retook, and she predicted me as such. But, I think I forgot to put an extra philosophy qualification with the heading "grade pending"?? Does this mean it won't count as a predicted grade? Because, if this is the case, I'm predicted ABB and not AABB, meaning I don't think my application to Nottingham for joint psychology and philosophy will stand a chance

I'm so worried... where does my reference put my predicted grades? Have I messed it up? I've worked so hard for this and the fact that I've probably messed it up over something so stupid really, really upsets me. Please help if you can, and I'm so, so sorry for the long, rambling post. I'm just.. I'm just so mortified right now, I can't even sleep for worry.
yb93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Your best bet is probably to phone UCAS tomorrow and email/phone all the unis you have applied to telling them about your mistake if UCAS can't fix it
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Pseudo-truth)
Hello, all, sorry for the somewhat frantic nature of this post but I'm really beginning to worry

Basically, I sent off my UCAS form last week, thought everything was alright, got my predicted grades, et cetera. I've taken a slightly awkward route through sixth form, deciding, after personal circumstances, to take an extra year in order to make up for an appalling first year. Anyway, because of this, I completed A2 Philosophy last year, and got a B out of it.

Anyway, the teacher and I thought that I would be able to achieve an A this year this year if I retook, and she predicted me as such. But, I think I forgot to put an extra philosophy qualification with the heading "grade pending"?? Does this mean it won't count as a predicted grade? Because, if this is the case, I'm predicted ABB and not AABB, meaning I don't think my application to Nottingham for joint psychology and philosophy will stand a chance

I'm so worried... where does my reference put my predicted grades? Have I messed it up? I've worked so hard for this and the fact that I've probably messed it up over something so stupid really, really upsets me. Please help if you can, and I'm so, so sorry for the long, rambling post. I'm just.. I'm just so mortified right now, I can't even sleep for worry.
your referee gets a box to predict grades, but only for subjects you show as pending. so this subject won't have a prediction.

you need to contact UCAS but they will probably ask you to get your referee to email the unis.

don't panic though - look at some more threads and you'll see you're not the only one making silly mistakes

Sent from my GT-S5363
Walkingonacloud
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Pseudo-truth)

Ring up UCAS and they'll give you an email address to email what needs adding on. It'll take them a couple of days though so I'd ring UCAs first thing in the morning and then email/ring all your uni's to tell them that there's a mistake on your UCAS form which will be rectified soon. They'll understand so don't worry
Good Luck!!
Pseudo-truth
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thank you to everyone who replied, I'll call UCAS first thing tomorrow morning and pray that this thing can still be resolved!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads