AnnaElsbeth97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, I have to start choosing my A-level options soon and I am completely stuck for as to what to take as my fourth As level! I want to go on to study veterinary medicine at university therefore I know that I am definately going to take Chemistry, Biology and Maths however I am stuck on what to take as a fourth As level. I currently study English (lit&lang) which I really dont enjoy, Triple Award Science, Maths, Geography, Italian, Media Studies and Art. The school also offers social science A-levels (e.g- physcology, sociology...). I was just wondering what the most relevant and credited option would be for me to take to maximise my chances of getting a place at uni. Thanks
lilyobz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AnnaElsbeth97)
Hi, I have to start choosing my A-level options soon and I am completely stuck for as to what to take as my fourth As level! I want to go on to study veterinary medicine at university therefore I know that I am definately going to take Chemistry, Biology and Maths however I am stuck on what to take as a fourth As level. I currently study English (lit&lang) which I really dont enjoy, Triple Award Science, Maths, Geography, Italian, Media Studies and Art. The school also offers social science A-levels (e.g- physcology, sociology...). I was just wondering what the most relevant and credited option would be for me to take to maximise my chances of getting a place at uni. Thanks
i would suggest as a fourth option you pick an academic humanities course to show that you are adept in both sciences and an overall well rounded student.
AnnaElsbeth97
Rep:
?
(Original post by lilyobz)
i would suggest as a fourth option you pick an academic humanities course to show that you are adept in both sciences and an overall well rounded student.
So maybe geography then?
und3niable_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
sociology or psychology if u want an easy grade without the subject being too 'soft'.
BingTaoBing
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Most universities consistently say they don't mind what your fourth A level is. But as Ved. Med. is so competitive, it would probably be important for you to choose an academic option. ie. geography, english (but if you don't enjoy this..perhaps not) Italian would be good - you could be an international vet! (well, an Italian vet!)
AnnaElsbeth97
Rep:
?
[Italian would be good - you could be an international vet! (well, an Italian vet!)[/QUOTE]

Haha yes! Only thing about italian is that only like 3 people want to take it so it might not run
razia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AnnaElsbeth97)
What about psychology or sociology. Or maybe pylosophy and ethics?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads