multiple insurance, no claims bonus Watch

Laomedeia
Badges: 21
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
If you have 5 years no claims bonus and take out a new policy on a seperate vehicle, it is well known that your new policy will start with nothing. You cannot replicate NCB, only transfer it. But does this apply to claims made? If you had an accident and a claim was made on the new policy would you be obligated to inform your other insurer?

I personally wouldnt because if I cant replicate my no claims, then why should I replicate my penalties for making a claim?
rmhumphries
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The question is not "Have you had any claims or accidents in the last <n> years on your current insurance policy?". The question asks if you have had any claims at all, hence they need to be declared. The 'penalties' are based on your risk, you gain other bonuses for how long you have had your licence, and such on all your policies.

(Original post by Laomedeia)
Also cyclists dont have insurance so is it ok to run them over without them making a claim against you? If they bumped into your car you wouldnt be able to make a claim against them.
They can still sue you without having an insurance company to do so for them. They can claim personal injury, and damage to property, and assault/dangerous driving if done wilfully under criminal law.
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have a fair few insurance policys... If you aproach the company you have your main car with, they will mirror your NCB on your other policys.
Laomedeia
Badges: 21
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by rmhumphries)
The question is not "Have you had any claims or accidents in the last <n> years on your current insurance policy?". The question asks if you have had any claims at all, hence they need to be declared. The 'penalties' are based on your risk, you gain other bonuses for how long you have had your licence, and such on all your policies.

They can still sue you without having an insurance company to do so for them. They can claim personal injury, and damage to property, and assault/dangerous driving if done wilfully under criminal law.

I spoke to my laywer (hes in jail now but whatever) and even he says that just because someone made a claim on my other policy, doesnt suddenly make me more of a risk on the other policy. Im not a mofu,in sink hole!!! I drive both buses the same.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.89%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27.03%
Not great so far... (282)
35.79%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.29%

Watched Threads