Are people on CISI courses generally working in the industry and not the public? Watch

hsv
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Are people on CISI courses generally working in the finance industry and are taking the courses for regulation purposes or because there employer has sent them to take the courses? Generally do students interested in working in finance generally not take these qualifications to learn more about the industry boost CV's etc? Is it worth taking these qualifications? Or is it better to go on one of the training the street, breaking into wall street or other myriad of modelling courses?
Tokyoround
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by hsv)
Are people on CISI courses generally working in the finance industry and are taking the courses for regulation purposes or because there employer has sent them to take the courses? Generally do students interested in working in finance generally not take these qualifications to learn more about the industry boost CV's etc? Is it worth taking these qualifications? Or is it better to go on one of the training the street, breaking into wall street or other myriad of modelling courses?
Those courses are generally a ripoff, don't buy into the marketing spiel.

You can start some of the earlier exams to boost your CV, IAD/IAQ/IOC/whatever it's called now, is a popular one people take.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads