Who uses 'My Fitness Pal' app? Watch

Puff
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey all,

As the title says! Also do you find it beneficial to your fitness/ weight loss regieme and counting calories?

I've started losing weight and exercicing more since two weeks ago and have found this app. Since im new to the app, I was looking for any tips/ experinces from people using it and is it worthwhile so?

I see here on TSR that there is a fair few folks that uses it

Thanks all xx
Gladbags2012
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bump
xBillyBrownx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah it's great. I used to use it when I was trying to lose weight and it helped me a lot since it calculates both calorie intake and exercise. It's also very useful to keep track of what you're eating.
SuziieB
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I use it....although I got a bit excited and logged everything. Even a little 2.5 calorie stick of sugar free chewing gum.

Anyway...it really helps you keep on track and about 98% of food I have ever eaten are on there. I have also lost about 22 pounds and still keeping it off.

xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SuziieB)
I use it....although I got a bit excited and logged everything. Even a little 2.5 calorie stick of sugar free chewing gum.

Anyway...it really helps you keep on track and about 98% of food I have ever eaten are on there. I have also lost about 22 pounds and still keeping it off.
Logging everything is good though. If you start missing out "little things" then you'll find they add up- I made that mistake and didn't know why I wasn't losing weight!

I agree that it's good though, and the fact that you're logging it makes you really think about whether you want to eat it at all. It gives you goals about how much to eat to reach your goals, and it's so incredibly easy to lose weight using it.. the only thing you need is willpower.

Between MFP and TSR I've been pulled through.
Classical Liberal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I really like it. Helps a lot.
SuziieB
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
Logging everything is good though. If you start missing out "little things" then you'll find they add up- I made that mistake and didn't know why I wasn't losing weight!

I agree that it's good though, and the fact that you're logging it makes you really think about whether you want to eat it at all. It gives you goals about how much to eat to reach your goals, and it's so incredibly easy to lose weight using it.. the only thing you need is willpower.

Between MFP and TSR I've been pulled through.
Yeah lol, but it takes about 11 calories to chew gum for an hour so really I'm burning a bit more than I'm gaining. But little things, even safe foods like fruits add up.

WhyteBoar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've use this and it is great!

I lost about 25lbs last year and I'm back on it to lose another 14lb. It is the most effective weight loss technique for me as I can quantify what I eat and have daily goals I can see. My OH uses it too and he lost over 50lbs.

My tips would be to cook everything yourself and try and stay away from anything processed so you can 'save' calories for a treat now and again. Don't worry about eating back your exercise calories: you can still lose weight and do this.
Log in to the website and read the community forums if you feel like giving up; there are people with very inspirational weight loss stories there.
McHumpy92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
would only count calories as a last resort(no papa roach)
Nasher and Basher
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by McHumpy92)
would only count calories as a last resort(no papa roach)
So you like 'Getting away with murder'
Danny.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I use it, very good to count calories/macros.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
6.99%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.41%
I don't think they'd understand (57)
15.32%
It might lead to more bullying (145)
38.98%
There's nothing they could do (109)
29.3%

Watched Threads