Met any rude/horrible 'famous' people? Watch

Confuseddot
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I live in central london, so I've met a fair few through work and such. I famously lightly, I mean people who you may have heard of. To name but a few...

Some people off Geordie Shore - Now I've never seen the programme nor had the waitress who served them. They just seemed like a couple of Geordie guys to us. Anyway, they were very sexist and got very drunk and were very rude to our staff. Then they refused to pay for some things. And they were pretty much like 'don't you know who we are?'

Tim Vincent - He pretty much just wanted everything free and sent most things back...several times!

Demi Lovato - Not rude as such but everything was 'Oh, we don't do that in America' 'Oh we do this in America' 'Oh...if this was America it would be done that way.' Everything other word was criticising the UK.

Russell Crowe - Wouldn't talk to anyone...at all. Got his 'people' to talk for him.

Anyone else got anymore stories to share?
Heidihi7894
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Think of it from their point of view though, they probably get sick of people constantly coming up to them and saying "Hey! you're that person from that film and/or TV show!", so it is natural that they might grow a bit of a cold face to the general public. It is no excuse for the Geordie people (but I can think of plenty of non-famous people who are like that when drunk) or people trying to get out of paying (although again they are probably used to going places and having people give them free things). In answer to your question though, no.
holly.briggs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I met Spencer Matthews from Made in Chelsea!

- What a ****!
aranexus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Everyone Confuseddot mentioned...

...and Kevin Bacon!
ForensicShoe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by holly.briggs)
I met Spencer Matthews from Made in Chelsea!

- What a ****!
*Lad

:sexface:

God people must really hate Spencer :rofl:

Come at me neggers. I can take you all

Spoiler:
Show

EDIT 2: After watching this series of MiC he is rapidly losing his 'lad' status Sorry Spence old boy but in my eyes you are now a ****.
Noble.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm not contributing anything worthwhile, but 'diva' attitudes of talented famous people (e.g. Mariah Carey) I'd be able to put up with - but people who are in nonsense like "Geordie Shore" and "Made in Chelsea" who go around thinking they're better than everyone else need to be put down.
holly.briggs
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ForensicShoe)
*Lad

:sexface:
No mate, he is definitely a ****!
MrAserFiles
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
phil jupitus is a **** IRL he lives down my road :/
Rooster523
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Martin Tyler of Sky Sports commentary fame is the most arrogant, pompous man I've had the displeasure of meeting.

He was managing a primary school team in a football tournament I'd organised and after his team lost, launched into a tirade directed at a 14 year old referee about decisions he'd made during the game- telling the young lad that he was wrong and it was Martin Tyler's job to '****ing know the rules of the game'

How he can go on TV and preach about the lack of respect toward referees is a disgrace.

Abhorrent.
waaahey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Conor Maynard,honestly what a ****.It's funnny what one hit can do ones ego!!
CharlieSChaplin
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Met that Binky lass from Made in Chelsea (I think), didn't even know she was famous when I actually walked into her like the clumsy fool I am :lol: actually thinking about it, I didn't even know until after the quick chat and my apologizing when I then left and found out later she had some fame. Most likely a missed opportunity there :sad:
rattusratus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
but non of those reality people are actually celebraties

ive met the people in streetdance etc when i was filming... but i wasnt that bothered about talking to them anymore than talking to anyone else, 2 of them where really nice and friendly (although non of them where rude)

ive met quite a few rock stars and once again havnt really met a bad one, sebastian bach is a diva but everyone knew that anyway lol

i dont think ive ever met someone that was actually rude, ive seen celebrities when there giving off that dont want to be disturb vibe (saw bowling for soup eating there dinner and they sat as far away from everyone else as possible) but to be honest would you really want people watching you and coming up to you while you try to eat all the time

oh ive thought of some ******** but not true celebraties... towers of london (the band) and there singer donni torrette god was he an up his own arse ponce, so was dirk and snell but tommy and rev where actually pretty ok guys
Hal.E.Lujah
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The nice ones I've met:

Sean Bean - Offered me a sandwhich
Chris Martin - Was always really polite
Helena Bonham Carter - Was polite and surprisingly smiley
Gordon Ramsay - You can't believe how shocking it was for this man to be so polite

The not so nice ones:

Melanie Sykes - One of the most disgraceful people I've ever met.
Jeremy Clarkson - Not really a shock to behonest
Charlotte Church - I didn't even know who she was, but she clicked her fingers at me
Noel Fielding - I was standing in the queue behind him, talking on the phone and his friend turned to me and said "He's no going to do an autograph! Stop pestering him!" To which I replied "Who are you?" :rolleyes:

Notice that the rude celebrities are always the ones that hover the dangerous line between being famous and being forgotten, apart from Jeremy Clarkson who puts it on a little bit. Methinks they're just insecure.

Source: I worked in a restaurant that was a bit of a celebrity haunt.
arina162
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Jessica Biel - only talked to her assistant and no one else.

Liam Neeson - just wanted alcohol and nothing else. And it was just lunch-time. But apart from that he was friendly enough, I guess. Just very self-centered, too.
kittyb99
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My dad was part of the design team for Tommy Hilfiger's private jet a few years ago and apparently he isn't especially nice- my dad stopped buying TH clothes after that
SillyRodent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
The nice ones I've met:

Sean Bean - Offered me a sandwich
What kind of sandwich was it :holmes:
Soph.Jade
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Jeremy Kyle is an absolute tool. And Trinny from Trinny and susannah
lilyobz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Charley from bigbrother, if anyone remembers that *****....
SJC
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Geordie shore lads... Pricks.
Huge queue for Frankie and Benny's and they walked to the front expecting to get in, and then the waitress had no idea who they were. They strutted off like two wotsits and must have tried again as when my bill came there's did too. And I can assure you they were shocked they had to pay - thinking their 'celebrity' status would be enough. Never laughed so much.
Hal.E.Lujah
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SillyRodent)
What kind of sandwich was it :holmes:

I don't know, I didn't take it

I was a bit thrown by how heavy his accent was...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (72)
17.65%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (259)
63.48%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
4.9%
Not yet but I might (57)
13.97%

Watched Threads