The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Rosa Arabelle
To the OP:
I served Alexandra Burke once; she was without a doubt the most self-conceited person I've ever had the misfortune of serving. When I asked if she wanted a bag with her stuff, she rolled her eyes, coughed out the fakest laugh ever and said, "Well, how else am I going to carry these?"
She didn't even carry them, just handed them to the guy standing next to her, and walked out.

Don't like her prefer Leona Lewis though not had the pleasure of meeting her YET :daydreaming:

I saw a theatre show which starred Elaine Symons (Rose Kelly - Waterloo Road), I just kept on looking at her as I didn't expect to see her - she kind of looked at me like :wtf:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 81
Derren Brown - very polite

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I live in a reeally quite part of the country. I once stood next to Gordan Buchanan (the wildlife camera man from Springwatch/Lost Land of the Jaguar etc.) at the Royal Highland Show, but I couldn't pluck up the courage to speak to him. Looking back on it, I do regret that.
I punched Danny Filth when i was about 24.

The guy is an up his own arse prick who thinks hes gods gift. He started chatting up my missus (and being really full on with it) I told him to back off, he wouldnt so i told him again. Laughed at me and i lamped him.

THe pub was my local and he was known for causing trouble so he then got kicked out.

Apprentley Im not the first person to do it
Happy Feet.

He wasn't very happy.

He didn't even have any feet.

penguin.jpg
Original post by llessur123
Gok Wan. I was standing behind him in a queue and he ignored the server when she said hello and asked if he would like anything else, I thought that was pretty rude. Not to mention he smelt really strongly of stale sweat.

Well I never thought Gok Wan would be the type to smell of stale sweat. I know people who've met him and said he was really lovely and not much different to how he is on TV, maybe he was having an off-day. :tongue:
I met Robbie Savage once. He has to be the most annoying ex-sportsman of all time. Not to mention he dresses like he's 18.
Original post by EffieFlowers
Well I never thought Gok Wan would be the type to smell of stale sweat. I know people who've met him and said he was really lovely and not much different to how he is on TV, maybe he was having an off-day. :tongue:

I know, I was quite surprised. Maybe he was having a bad day.
Reply 88
Original post by linkdapink
I've met a not-so-nice rugby player (and not-so-famous unless you follow that specific rugby team). I shan't reveal his name, because we have been friends a long time (since birth), but as soon as he started playing professional rugby he has cut a lot of people out of his life (including his own mother) and even before he started playing rugby, he was very stuck up and arrogant.

On the other hand, his brother who is also a rugby player, is one of the nicest people ever.

Not very famous - but just the strange affect of slight fame.

Second name begin with A?
Reply 89
I met Danny Boyle, a genuinely kind-hearted bloked. Asked me what my name meant aha. :biggrin:

I also met Andy Parsons from Mock the Week at the Olympics, was serving him as a casher. He came off rude though as when I tried to start a conversation with him, he just said 'Can I just order my food' :mad:
Reply 90
Met Desmond from LOST at Heathrow Airport. Just spent a nine hour flight quoting him from LOST then I turned around I saw him! Nice guy - had a chat, shook hands, he asked about my trip - safe guy.
Reply 91
Original post by russellsteapot

The Chuckle Brothers - Paul is nice, Barry is quite a miserable bugger.

Really? When I met them at an autograph signing after a show it was the other way round. Barry was friendly, making eye contact and talking etc. and Paul was just rushing through autographs acting as if he didn't care.

Posted from TSR Mobile
One particular famous person I was lucky enough to meet a few years ago was Michael Rother of Kraftwerk and Neu! fame. Great guy, probably the most interesting 4 minutes I've had in my life. Also met Martin Kemp when I was 6.

One not so nice person was a person from our town who appeared on Big Brother in 2006. Okay, didn't exactly meet her, but I was standing two places behind her in a queue at Domino's Pizza, wouldn't stop shouting on her phone at a fast pace. She wasn't really nice to the guy at the counter either.
That kid who plays Jay from Eastenders, I've seen him walking around a few times like he thinks he's the dogs bollox, with his little crew of chavvy mates. Always throws dirty looks to pretty much anyone who isn't a young girl who he thinks he's in with a chance with. Meh.
I met Katie Pipes (I think her name is?). The one from the documentary 'Katie: My Beautiful Face.'

She was absolutely lovely and beautiful. And you couldn't even tell that her face was that damaged. Met her at a book signing but I was a volunteer for the event so we ended up talking for a few minutes afterwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Coconutter
Zach Braff- he was signing outside when he did his show up the west end- generally lovely man and I'm pretty sure he stayed until everyone had something signed :smile:. Was very happy and polite the whole time.

I was there for this one night! He was so cool... Very friendly.
Reply 96
Original post by Rosa Arabelle
To the OP:
I served Alexandra Burke once; she was without a doubt the most self-conceited person I've ever had the misfortune of serving. When I asked if she wanted a bag with her stuff, she rolled her eyes, coughed out the fakest laugh ever and said, "Well, how else am I going to carry these?"
She didn't even carry them, just handed them to the guy standing next to her, and walked out.

My aunt met her on a flight over to Ireland and they spoke the practically the whole duration. She was really nice apparently!

My cousins (and the same aunt!) met Snoop Dog at Newark airport. My cousins obviously recognised him, but my aunt had no idea who he was so she went up to him and asked if he was "Slumdog". :facepalm: He was really nice though, and took photos with them all!
Reply 97
My lil brother used to be a ballyboy at Arsenal back in 05/06 so i got to meet all the players there at the time Thierry Henry, Fabregas, Ljungberg, Adebayor, Van Persie they were all nice humble polite people. Only one who had a bit of a attitude was Lehmann but then again he had always been a bit of a madman lol.
(edited 11 years ago)
In all fairness, all of the famous people I've met or seen have been lovely!
I went to a recording of the X Factor Auditions last year and I have to say that Nicole Scherzinger is a beautiful person inside and out! People were going up to Nicole in their droves and she took pictures and signed something for everyone. Something that stood out for me that day was when a young boy with special needs asked Nicole for a picture - he kissed her on the cheek, she blushed and kissed him back which I thought was very sweet!
I met Jason Mohammed (BBC Radio Wales presenter, Welsh Rugby Presenter & sometimes presents 'Final Score' on BBC1) whilst on a work experience at the BBC - one of the loudest men you'll ever meet but incredibly charming & sweet - he gave me a kiss on my final day :tongue:
Reply 99
Im so pleased everyones said Ewan McGregor is nice in real life, he seems so down to earth and just an all round nice guy.

I would love to meet him, I may have a crush :colondollar:

Latest