Pangloss612
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm an indian student looking to pursue an IR degree in the U.K. I received a disappointing reject from LSE for my 1st preference this morning, and I don't have any hopes pinned on my second choice either.

I'm looking at other schools that are academically strong but not unrealistically hard to get into. I was considering SOAS's programme since it seemed very well structured to me.

My problem is I have no background to speak of in the field. My undergrad degree was in electronic engineering from a little known college (tanked miserably at ~65%). But a year later I got into an MA French (8/9 overall GPA until now, this semester 8.75/9) and a diploma in Italian (9/9 GPA) at one of the most prestigious universities in the country.

Given that I'm really passionate about IR. I need to know if I'm at a great disadvantage given my academic circumstances and if there is something that will help my chances for SOAS.

Thanks in advance.
funkyclamz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Pangloss612)
I'm an indian student looking to pursue an IR degree in the U.K. I received a disappointing reject from LSE for my 1st preference this morning, and I don't have any hopes pinned on my second choice either.

I'm looking at other schools that are academically strong but not unrealistically hard to get into. I was considering SOAS's programme since it seemed very well structured to me.

My problem is I have no background to speak of in the field. My undergrad degree was in electronic engineering from a little known college (tanked miserably at ~65%). But a year later I got into an MA French (8/9 overall GPA until now, this semester 8.75/9) and a diploma in Italian (9/9 GPA) at one of the most prestigious universities in the country.

Given that I'm really passionate about IR. I need to know if I'm at a great disadvantage given my academic circumstances and if there is something that will help my chances for SOAS.

Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure if you've already received any response from SOAS yet, but based on your background I believe you should be getting an offer from SOAS! Diversity is usually a plus (along with a good personal statement)!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (76)
67.26%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.58%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.16%

Watched Threads