Six pack coming soon ! Watch

Godsend
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Any tips on getting a six pack? I'm currently doing the 8min workout but haven't seen much difference yet
mrlufc3131
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's all about fat. '8 minute workouts' and toning is a complete waste of time if there's still any fat on top of your stomach - cardio is the key the getting a 6 pack, it's the most efficient way to lose fat and then bother with situps + toning exercises (that being said, there are probably 10 ab exercises that're better than situps). Also, short intense cardio is much more effective than long cardio
The next most important thing after cardio is diet - limit saturated fats, eat lean meats and low GI carbs, i.e wholewheat pasta instead of normal pasta, brown rice instead of white rice, etc... Also alcohol/added sugar is seriously destructive of any 6 pack, but hey, we're only human
good luck!
Classical Liberal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just shred the fat off. Exercises will do pretty much bugger all.
Daviant
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Eat 1800kcals a day.
Eat 120g protein a day.
Lift.
agorec
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
you need to do more than the 8 min workout.
do cardio to get rid of fat overall. and build muscle. you can build loads of muscle and never see it if you have body fat percentage of over 12% or so
FiniteMr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
8 minutes? It had better be a damn intense 8 minutes if you want ANY benefits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SebMurphy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Abs are made in the kitchen. Lift heavy and eat well, the abs will come.
McHumpy92
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Abs are made in the weights room or through exercise.
Jimbo1234
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Godsend)
Any tips on getting a six pack? I'm currently doing the 8min workout but haven't seen much difference yet
It is all about diet, not the workout. As a rule of thumb, a 6 pack is won in the kitchen, not the gym, thus get a real clean cutting diet going and you'll get one.
Booyah
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For me the biggest factor in losing 12 kg since september has been lowering the carbs I have eaten.

My advice is:
Don't eat as much at once. this may sound silly but gorging yourself doesn't help, especially on carbohydrate rich products. The reason behind this is because you are increasing your blood glucose levels. If these raise too much insulin is released which stores the excess glucose as glycogen or more importantly as fat. So eat in small amounts, I found 7 small meals gets me through the day.

Lift, the more muscle you have the more calories you burn as you have more cells that respire which require glucose, glucose can be gathered from sugars mainly but also proteins and fats.

Split your diet into around 30% carb 35 % protein 35% fats. Fat doesn't make you fat, however be wary of what meats you are eating, as too much red meat can cause high cholesterol levels in the blood. variety is the key to life

I'm still working on my six pack lost 3" off my waist since September and I got soooo much faster no word of a lie. Just be wary that you eat healthily and make sure you do some cardio as there is research saying that weight lifters put a lot of strain on their heart and as many do not do cardio it can cause heart problems.

Hope this helps
Godsend
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
THANKS GUYS!! THE REASON IM DOING 8min is because I'm a student so Don't have a lot of time to spare! But now I will definitely watch on my eating
SebMurphy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Godsend)
THANKS GUYS!! THE REASON IM DOING 8min is because I'm a student so Don't have a lot of time to spare! But now I will definitely watch on my eating
If you can't make more than 8 minutes in your day to work out something is very wrong.

Half an hour working out is 2% of the day.

But still, better than nothing
Tianquan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
bump
Apocalyptic Fish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Perform compound movements such as pull ups, deadlifts and squats, whilst cleaning up your diet.
MalteseMalteser
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I used to do 100 sit-ups every night and go out for a 3 mile run every other day and I could start to see the results after about a month or two.
I gave up after a year though because I am actually very lazy, but I am getting back into the swing of it again!
PostgradMatt
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Eat healthy food. Lots of fruit and vegetables lots of protein, good carbs (wholemeal etc). Eat lots of small meals. Cardio will help to burn the fat off, core exercise will help the build up the muscle. There are loooads of bodyweight exercises you can do to build up stomach muscle. Sits ups, crunches, leg lifts, planking. The fewer reps you can do with the exercise the better really, so stuff like high leg lifts on a pull up bar are really going to build up the muscle. Here are some good examples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm5_POuUypE Give your muscles time to rest ideally 24 hours.
vinhvu95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
All these advices are the only ones you need. Just remember to be consistent, focused and patient.

Posted from TSR Mobile
tooosh
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why are there so many negs itt
RandyAndy4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
depends what type of six pack your going for:

If you just want what I call a 'skin pack' (someone who is skinny and has a six pack) then you just gotta have a low diet intake, stay off those fatty foods and if you do eat a lot of carbs then burn them off.

Going for a real six pack then lower your fat intake and do a mixture of cardio training and core training, e.g. sit ups, crunchs, push ups and pull ups. Remeber if your going to work your stomach you want to do your back as well.

By doing cardio and core training with the correct diet will get you your six pack within a couple months
mrlufc3131
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by netcurtains)
no idea why you got negative rep. you are absolutely right, diet is probably more important than anything; that being said, you must have the muscle to sustain a six-pack.
Thank you! Fairly confident that I can speak from better experience that those who 'neg'ed me haha. That's true, the lower your body fat %/the higher your lean muscle mass, the more calories you will burn simply by doing your everyday movements. The more muscle you have, the easier it is to sustain a six pack
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads