Middlesex Uni, maths, english test and Interview Watch

pblankson92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I got an email from Middlesex university that i have been invited to a maths and English test for the 28th of January for Adult Nursing. I just wanted to know if anyone has been to one and what questions were asked in English. Im really good at Maths but I cant say the same for English. And for the interview what type of questions were asked? Because I was told they may even interview me on the same day. Please help
oxymoronic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by pblankson92)
I got an email from Middlesex university that i have been invited to a maths and English test for the 28th of January. I just wanted to know if anyone has been to one and what questions were asked in English. Im really good at Maths but I cant say the same for English. And for the interview what type of questions were asked? Because I was told they may even interview me on the same day. Please help
Which course is this for? I've moved this to the Middlesex University forum but it would help people to know which course you were applying for at the uni. They should really tell you in advance if there will be an interview on the day.

I would expect that the English test would be similar to GCSE English level - you could get some revision books from the library.
PearlTx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Look on the other thread about adult nursing interviews I put some info on what mine was like good luck with yours.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Gemna Louise
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi everyone!!

Ive applied to do children's nursing at London south bank, Middlesex, Hertfordshire, covs -and city. So far I've heard back from Middlesex I have to go for an English and maths test but I'm really worried about the maths has anybody been???? And I have the and interview and assessment for Coventry. Really want to get into south bank. Feel free to email me [Removed - please use PMs or post here] or get at me on here!!
Thanks
gem
PearlTx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Gemma Louise if you look at some of the other adult nursing threads you should be able to find info on it all

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2215823

Good luck

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hoda11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello guys, I have my interview on Monday, at Middlesex, I wanted to ask are the maths questions same/similar to the one attached to the confirmation email?
nafe
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hoda11)
Hello guys, I have my interview on Monday, at Middlesex, I wanted to ask are the maths questions same/similar to the one attached to the confirmation email?
Oooh i have mine on monday too! Same i was wondering how simular the maths will be to the sample..? Anyone know? Aha hopfully i will see you there! Goodluck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hoda11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You too, I'm really nervous, I'm not good at maths I've revised but I haven't done maths in years. Is yours in the morning? Do you know anyone who did the test?
Hoda11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sorry last post was a reply to nafe
Ambereeni
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hoda11)
You too, I'm really nervous, I'm not good at maths I've revised but I haven't done maths in years. Is yours in the morning? Do you know anyone who did the test?
Hey I had the maths and english test 2 weeks ago and it was really good. For the english test you read a passage and there are multiple choice questions and for the maths test, the questions are mainly addition, subtraction, division and multiplication. The good thing is you can bring a calculator! I have my interview tomorrow at the archway campus and I'm pretty scared lol
Hoda11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ambereeni)
Hey I had the maths and english test 2 weeks ago and it was really good. For the english test you read a passage and there are multiple choice questions and for the maths test, the questions are mainly addition, subtraction, division and multiplication. The good thing is you can bring a calculator! I have my interview tomorrow at the archway campus and I'm pretty scared lol

Thanks x I did the test yesterday hopefully I passed
molly1302
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ambereeni)
hey how did you find the interview!? hope all went well, i have mine next friday!
Hoda11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by molly1302)
hey how did you find the interview!? hope all went well, i have mine next friday!

Hey the test went well, I have my interview in 2 weeks, I hope that goes okay too..., when is yours? Let me know how it goes,

good luck
Ambereeni
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey the interview was okayish lol there were two people in the room, one asking questions and the other was noting. They asked around 6 questions (the typical ones) and they reply within 5 days
molly1302
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey how is everyone getting on with their MDX interviews. I have a conditional place good luck to you all!
PearlTx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey how is everyone getting on with their MDX interviews. I have a conditional place good luck to you all!
Hey I have a conditional offer too. Have you received any mail with those crb and health check forms yet? Two of us haven't I was wondering if anyone has.
pblankson92
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I havent receives mine yet neither

Posted from TSR Mobile
nafe
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by PearlTx)
Hey I have a conditional offer too. Have you received any mail with those crb and health check forms yet? Two of us haven't I was wondering if anyone has.
Hey, Congrats on your conditional offer!
I have my interview for middlesex on tuesday! i Passed the English and Maths already
Do you have any tips on the interview and what questions they ask? Thankyou!
nafe
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
oooh well done!! I have mine on tuesday...really nervous i really want to get into middlesex! Any advise on the interview and the questions they ask!?
Hoda11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by nafe)
oooh well done!! I have mine on tuesday...really nervous i really want to get into middlesex! Any advise on the interview and the questions they ask!?

Hey interview was okay, they are friendly, read on the current affairs of the NHS. Why you want to be a nurse and that,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Middlesex University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads