defenestrate.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm currently a Biology student already at University but I'm reapplying for English. I got an interview at UCL next week but it's on the same day as one of my compulsory biology exams. I didn't mention the fact that I'm at uni in my personal statement but I want to bring this up either before or during my interview. Should I call to reschedule my interview and risk inevitably telling them that I'm at uni and it's for a uni exam (which doesn't show much commitment). Or just miss the exam and retake in the Summer if needs be?
defenestrate.
Rep:
?
bump
Samtheman1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Re-arrange the interview - make up an excuse.

Do not miss the exam
username854791
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by defenestrate.)
bump
I think you should tell them your at uni... say for instance you did do to the interview and missed your exam. And let's say they didn't approve in the fact you are an current uni student. You could be at risk of messing up both your uni positions.
defenestrate.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Samtheman1)
Re-arrange the interview - make up an excuse.

Do not miss the exam
Hmm...making up an excuse might get me in huge trouble..honesty us the best policy.

(Original post by Future_Dr)
I think you should tell them your at uni... say for instance you did do to the interview and missed your exam. And let's say they didn't approve in the fact you are an current uni student. You could be at risk of messing up both your uni positions.
Yeah, this is true. Thank you Although I can retake an exam but not an interview :/
alexmagpie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
At many unis if you retake you can't get above 40%

Call and ask to reschedule. You will have to admit you're at university eventually, might as well do it now before you miss an exam only to be told they won't take you anyway.
defenestrate.
Rep:
?
(Original post by alexmagpie)
At many unis if you retake you can't get above 40%

Call and ask to reschedule. You will have to admit you're at university eventually, might as well do it now before you miss an exam only to be told they won't take you anyway.
Ahh, ok thank you! I've sent them an email asking about whether the fact that I'm already at university affect my application. If not I might as well ask to reschedule the interview. I don't mind what mark I get as I'm in first year and tbh I just want to pass. Especially as it's fairly likely I'll switch to English.
defenestrate.
Rep:
?
I rang them- it's fine to apply from uni and my interview's been rescheduled!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (36)
25.71%
No (104)
74.29%

Watched Threads