Daniellejo.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I retook my original AS year (DDC) and got AAB.
My problem is that I really want to try and get my French B up to an A to maximise the possibility of me getting an A/B for A2. I'm just retaking the one speaking module because that's the area that brought my grade down.

I know that people say resitting doesn't affect your application, but if they see that you've got a subject down three times, the last as pending, won't that look very bad?
oxymoronic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Daniellejo.)
My problem is that I really want to try and get my French B up to an A to maximise the possibility of me getting an A/B for A2. I'm just retaking the one speaking module because that's the area that brought my grade down.

I know that people say resitting doesn't affect your application, but if they see that you've got a subject down three times, the last as pending, won't that look very bad?
Do you mean that you've already taken your A levels or are you currently doing your A2 year for the first time and you're now considering resitting the French speaking exam in the summer? Then you'll apply to university in September for 2014 entry?

With regards to the impact on your application, it depends on where you want to apply and for what subjects. Whilst some universities do not like resits, others are fine with it. The best advice would be to contact each uni before you apply, explain the situation and then see what they have to say.
Daniellejo.
Rep:
?
(Original post by oxymoronic)
Do you mean that you've already taken your A levels or are you currently doing your A2 year for the first time and you're now considering resitting the French speaking exam in the summer? Then you'll apply to university in September for 2014 entry?

With regards to the impact on your application, it depends on where you want to apply and for what subjects. Whilst some universities do not like resits, others are fine with it. The best advice would be to contact each uni before you apply, explain the situation and then see what they have to say.
Oh no, sorry if I didn't explain very well.
I did my AS year twice, am currently in A2 and have applied for 2013 entry.
My 2011 French was D
My 2012 French a B
I resat the speaking so I have a 2013 French as pending.
I've already sat the French speaking last week. (For the third time :rolleyes:)
So I can't actually do anything about it now lol, I'm just looking for reassurance I guess cause I'm getting a bit anxious about it.

EDIT: Looking at it now, that may just be more confusing lol. It's really not though!
lzbthx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

I repeated AS year and I'm studying A2s now. I took some of the AS exams again (for a third time) this month and I've had offers from the unis I've applied for, so they obviously don't care! But it depends on the university. I've heard that some of the top universities don't consider you at all if you've taken longer than 2 years to complete your A-Levels without a reason like illness, etc. Call them or email them to make sure

Well done on improving your grades so much as well! That's amazing!
Daniellejo.
Rep:
?
(Original post by lzbthx)
I repeated AS year and I'm studying A2s now. I took some of the AS exams again (for a third time) this month and I've had offers from the unis I've applied for, so they obviously don't care! But it depends on the university. I've heard that some of the top universities don't consider you at all if you've taken longer than 2 years to complete your A-Levels without a reason like illness, etc. Call them or email them to make sure

Well done on improving your grades so much as well! That's amazing!
The best unis that I've applied for are Newcastle and Kent, whilst they're good I don't think they're considered to be in the really top top ones.
Thanks for the reassurance lol, I'll email them to put my mind at ease, just hate waiting for offers!

Where and for what course have you got offers to if you don't mind me asking?
lzbthx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The best unis that I've applied for are Newcastle and Kent, whilst they're good I don't think they're considered to be in the really top top ones.
Thanks for the reassurance lol, I'll email them to put my mind at ease, just hate waiting for offers!

Where and for what course have you got offers to if you don't mind me asking?
For Biochemistry at Portsmouth, Biological Sciences at Bournemouth and a foundation year at UWE Still waiting to hear back from the other two! The wait is killing me too, I wish it was an instant reply!

Yeah, send them an email just to make sure. I really don't think they'll mind too much though!
Good luck!
oxymoronic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh no, sorry if I didn't explain very well.
I did my AS year twice, am currently in A2 and have applied for 2013 entry.
My 2011 French was D
My 2012 French a B
I resat the speaking so I have a 2013 French as pending.
I've already sat the French speaking last week. (For the third time :rolleyes:)
So I can't actually do anything about it now lol, I'm just looking for reassurance I guess cause I'm getting a bit anxious about it.

EDIT: Looking at it now, that may just be more confusing lol. It's really not though!
It makes sense.
If you've already applied then there isn't really much that you can do now other than wait. They will likely take this into consideration but it's questionable as to how much emphasis they'd place but that the end of the day there's nothing that you can do about it so you'll just have to wait and see. If you're applying for languages or linguistics related courses then they will place more emphasis on it than if you were applying for an unrelated subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise