?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I

villain_101
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
"All students, irrespective of circumstances, will be eligible for a student loan of £4,500 a year", "Allied Health Profession students...will be brought into the new simplified student support package from 2013-14."
(source: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Rele...upport22082012)

I am in the same position as you, already completed a degree and have a place on an AHP course. The first person from SAAS told me over the phone that I wouldn't qualify for anything as "all loans will be income assessed from next year". Not too sure about that. So I phoned again and spoke to a guy who said that I would receive a non-income assessed loan of £4500 for each year of study, REGARDLESS of whether SAAS were paying my tuition fees for that year or not. I will receive this amount despite: having had funding for my previous degree, living at home with parents, and having a parental income of over £70k per annum.

If this is the case then I will be saving money from these loan payments every month to pay for my tuition in year 3 and 4.

It still seems to good to be true so I would give them another phone and tell them what I've said here. I also don't know what the repayment schedule is like once you graduate so you might want to ask about that as well. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.09%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.79%

Watched Threads