The Student Room Group

Not doing exam cos of the snow

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by yasminxx
hahahha are you joking!?!?!

Nope unfortunately not.. Thought I might get out of my Spanish re sit yesterday cos of it, unfortunately I didn't :frown:
Reply 21
Luckily I have no exams today but for people who do have exams , they can come in if they are able to. If they can't, they'll get a free resit in the summer.

College is closed for everyone else though! :smile:
I did a load of exams at home whilst really ill.

I also did a load in winter, after lots of snow, a week after a friend had died.

People need to stop being such ****ing pussies and making excuses for everything.
School just finished 50 minutes early .. sigh
Reply 24
At my sixth form, everyone was sent home in the morning :smile: Then there were exams this afternoon which were pushed back at an earlier time as the snow is getting worse in London. I don't have any exams today but I would have hated for it to be cancelled for a resit in the summer tbh, would have been a waste revising.
Reply 25
Original post by dendodge
Nope. My college is running all the exams and telling us to turn up, even if it means leaving home at 4am and walking through three feet of snow.

They did move an exam this afternoon form 1:30 to 1:00, though, so people can get home before the heavy snowfall that's been predicted for tonight hits.

This is what I just had to s1 we started earlier so we would get stuck at school , all the teachers were twitchy cause they wanted to go home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exams are still going on at my college, but lessons are cancelled. The snow isn't bad here anyway though.
Sorry to hear about yours OP, that's really annoying. Good luck :smile:
Reply 27
I'm really curious to know how much snow you're all getting, for your exams/lessons to be cancelled. Had about 15cm piling up here and everything's normal, but I guess all the major roads have been cleared so there's not much disruption.
I had my English Lit' exam today. Getting there was fine, took the bus like normal, took 40 minutes.

Getting back. Oh my life. It took 3 hours. I ended up getting off the bus as we hadn't moved in over an hour, walked 2 miles to a train station, waited for the delayed train for 30 minutes, caught the the busiest train of my entire life, got into the city, walked down to catch the bus which I then found out were cancelled, walked up to my friend's work, waited for him to finish his shift then got a lift to my village then walked the next mile home.

I'm currently curled up in bed with hot chocolate. Ahhh, it was so bad :biggrin:

EDIT: forgot to mention that I had to do all of this in a skirt and tight without boots as my college have an 'office smart' dress code; it was the cherry on the cake.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by suncake
I'm really curious to know how much snow you're all getting, for your exams/lessons to be cancelled. Had about 15cm piling up here and everything's normal, but I guess all the major roads have been cleared so there's not much disruption.

We've had less than that but it's a very rural area, most people come from the town next to school but about half come from little villages all around the area that are on hilly, small, twisty roads that don't get gritted, it genuinely wouldn't be safe for about half the school and a good chunk of the teachers to come to school.

Plus they know no one in main school would be able to concentrate, they'd just be playing in the snow then coming into lessons soaking wet. It would be pointless.

Exams weren't cancelled though, I got there and there were 2 teachers, a receptionist and an invigilator waiting with a few desks set up in the main hall. They also relaxed my schools rule about staying for the full time of the exam, they said if we were sure we were finished we could leave at any point after an hour.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by h0llyyx
Nope unfortunately not.. Thought I might get out of my Spanish re sit yesterday cos of it, unfortunately I didn't :frown:

Did a teacher come and get you? :biggrin:
Original post by The Wild Youth
I had my English Lit' exam today. Getting there was fine, took the bus like normal, took 40 minutes.

Getting back. Oh my life. It took 3 hours. I ended up getting off the bus as we hadn't moved in over an hour, walked 2 miles to a train station, waited for the delayed train for 30 minutes, caught the the busiest train of my entire life, got into the city, walked down to catch the bus which I then found out were cancelled, walked up to my friend's work, waited for him to finish his shift then got a lift to my village then walked the next mile home.

I'm currently curled up in bed with hot chocolate. Ahhh, it was so bad :biggrin:

EDIT: forgot to mention that I had to do all of this in a skirt and tight without boots as my college have an 'office smart' dress code; it was the cherry on the cake.

Me too! I had English LITB1, I was panicking the night before in case the buses weren't running, luckily they were.

Then going back was awful, took an hour and a half extra. I was freezing, I couldn't feel my feet. Our college got cancelled at 12:30.

Happy I'm finally home! :biggrin:
My 6th form never used to cancel exams either. Even when it snowed bad a couple of times. They moved the times slightly a couple of times, so people could go home earlier (with afternoon exams), or have more time to get into school (with morning exams), but they still went ahead.
Reply 33
oh thats ok then! yeah i have a feeling they'll make the re-sit ones really hard in june

They're not re-sit ones, it's the main time to do them and they'll have written them already.
Reply 34
hahahha are you joking!?!?!

It's what happens at my school.
Reply 35
Original post by Danatlive
All exams in my college have been called off, prepared so well for the exam today and it's all gone to waste. If you do badly in the resit is it classed as a mitigating circumstance?

Afraid not. It will be treated in the same way as anyone else taking an exam.
Original post by h0llyyx
At my sixth form the teachers come get you and drive you in if it snows!

dedicated teachers. Lol
Original post by The Wild Youth

:yeah: #YOLO

Im sure you smashed the exam.
Reply 38
I was supposed to have my maths S1 paper today but after all the revision I had done the exam was cancelled at 12 30, 30 mins before it was supposed to start! And when everyone complained we were told that it would be unsafe to do so.

So now I have to do the resit in summer and I have wasted all this time revising for the exam when I could of been spending it revising for my other 5 exams I had in January (2 being next week still I hope these don't also get cancelled as that would mean I have 3 extra exams in summer) :sad:
Original post by Gold Phoenix
:yeah: #YOLO

Im sure you smashed the exam.

:u: 2K13 4EVAAAAAAA

Thanks for your confidence in my English Lit abilities, however I probably prodded the exam rather than smashed it :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest