Questions about Imperial Computing interview Watch

nclandrei
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi everyone!

I have received an e-mail from Imperial College which announced me that I had my application progressed and that I am invited to the interview on January 30th. I would like to ask all of you who went there and saw how things are, actually: how hard is it? What should be revised for Maths and, as I wrote in my PS - I started a month ago learning Java and I have pretty strong knowledge in C++- how hard can the problems in Java/ C be?
And, of course, if anybody knows, although it is hardly possible, how much does this interview count? I saw on their website that roughly 1/3 of the applications are progressed .. How many students receive offers after the interview?

Thank you and cheers !
Andrei
JASONDILL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
bump
freefrag
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You're probably not going to be asked any programming questions, the interviews usually consist of math/logic problem solving. The questions aren't too hard and don't go much above Math A-level standard (sketch some weird trigonometric/logarithmic function, solve a logic brain teaser)
I think most people receive an offer after their interview.
Haochen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am an I international student , ICL asked me to take a 45 minutes entry test on 4th December. Is this test hard? what this test involved? What should I do to prepare for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No programming questions, they might ask you riddles, I remember they asked me:

'if I was a spider in the lower corner of a cube room, what would be the shortest path to the upper corner of the cube diagonally opposite '

Also they asked me:

How would you sort 10 black and 10 white pebbles, so its 10 black first and then 10 white - so sorting algorithms.

Nothing about programming.

Imperial interview was magnitudes easier than one that I had at Cambridge. As long as you have good predicted grades they most likely will give you an offer.

Ah and it was in 2010.
brawlerpit
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nclandrei)
Hi everyone!

I have received an e-mail from Imperial College which announced me that I had my application progressed and that I am invited to the interview on January 30th. I would like to ask all of you who went there and saw how things are, actually: how hard is it? What should be revised for Maths and, as I wrote in my PS - I started a month ago learning Java and I have pretty strong knowledge in C++- how hard can the problems in Java/ C be?
And, of course, if anybody knows, although it is hardly possible, how much does this interview count? I saw on their website that roughly 1/3 of the applications are progressed .. How many students receive offers after the interview?

Thank you and cheers !
Andrei
Can I ask when you applied?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Jun '20
    Thu, 25 Jun '20
    Sat, 19 Sep '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (9)
64.29%
No I haven't decided yet (3)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (2)
14.29%

Watched Threads