Jenn91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have been offered a place on the LPC course starting in Sept 2013 at either Nottingham Law school, Cardiff or LJMU.

I really want to go to LJMU because I enjoy the night life and the city and I feel as if it would have ample opportunities in terms of careers prospects.

However, is Nottingham or Cardiff better in terms of the university?

LJMU want a 2:2 and the others want a 2:1, I am more likely to get a 2:2 comfortably.
username840737
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't really know much about the universities and law isn't really my area but I have a friend who got a 2:2 in undergrad law and then did the LPC at the college of law in birmingham. however with the economy being what it is, and training contracts being scarce, she is unable to find any suitable legal employable and feedback indicates it is all down to the 2:2 at undergrad.

My advice would be to aim for the 2:1 and look at the statistics showing how many of the graduates from each of those unis get employment

Good luck

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
BO'H
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Nottingham

and if you get a 2:2 don't bother - your chances of actually qualifying will be pretty slim.
Jenn91
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I know quite afew people who have got a 2:2 and managed to secure a training contract, but thanks
roh
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't think anyone actually cares where you do your LPC. The firm just stumps up, you go there for a year and then they finally get to some use out of you. I don't think either they or you would choose to do it if it wasn't compulsory.

If you haven't got a TC due to the area of Law you want to go into not doing 2 years in advance just go where has the best careers service to be honest. If you want to do commercial I personally wouldn't bother until you can find a firm to cover it for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (135)
62.79%
No I haven't decided yet (46)
21.4%
Yes but I might change my mind (34)
15.81%

Watched Threads