Screwed up my relationship due to my problems, I want him back! Watch

iJess
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm 16 & my boyfriend was 20. We'd known each other for about 2 years on xbox through a friend. This sounds utterly ridiculous but we started going out last June and have been until now, even though we live 110 miles apart. I live in Yorkshire, and he lives in Leicester so I used to travel 3 hours on a train. First time we met was October and I stayed for 10 days, then I went again on 28th December till the 8th Janurary. We survived on skype and everything seemed to be going well. We had our ups and downs but thats pretty much to be expected in a long distance relationship. We both had our problems. I had depression & an eating disorder, he has aspergers, a.d.d, dyspraxia and dyslexia, so a few and couldn't always understand and be there for me and that annoyed me. I had to talk to other people even though he said he'd be there for me but most of the time was on xbox to lads. When we used to skype we could have a bit of time on our own but then his laptop broke and it was the lads constantly, never any time for just the two of us to talk :/

I'd been trying my best to control myself and let him have lots of freedom but all of last night he just ignored me and wouldn't say anything yet said it wasn't my fault but I figured it was something to do with me so sent him an xbox message saying we should go on a break for a week, he didn't even listen to the message and his mate found out (a mate who has never wanted us together) and told him so he messaged me on xbox saying it's over because he was sick of the stress of arguments etc, but he always says because of his a.d.d he can never talk cos he struggles with that, but I also struggled with that. How were we meant to sort things out if he never spoke to me? He just said it's over like that no explanation really or anything just kicking me from parties on xbox. We'd been together 7 months and both had our problems but he said we'd get through anything together. This story probably sounds so stupid from another persons point of view but I want to sort it but can't because he's just ignoring me, I'm being made to feel like the bad person here. How can I sort this mess? It feels like we've split up over something so stupid and I didn't expect this from him since he's 20. Despite the differences I love him.
Mirey
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
He sounds like an idiot. You're 16, you'll get over it. Let him go, he sounds like the 16 yr old tbh.
SyOnGuitar
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by iJess)
...We'd been together 7 months and both had our problems but he said we'd get through anything together.
Sorry but that is one of the biggest lies that most people will tell, and you really, for your own good should not take such meaningless phrases to heart.

My opinion is that he doesn't seem to want to be with you anymore and to be honest you're only 16, you should really move on. You've yet to experience many things and you've yet to meet many people if I'm honest. Don't blame yourself, you're not really being a bad person. Like I said... you should just try your hardest to move on :/
iJess
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Mm :/ It's just call me naive, but I actually thought he was the one, he was a virgin before me, he turned up bto train station with flowers, took me shopping etc. Was so happy when I was down at his and now I feel fed up. Even worse that a present I bought him for valentines turned up today, an engraved lighter with both our names on, feel completely ****. For 7 months it's just been us talking constantly and since he messaged me saying it's over, it just feels like there's a part of me missing. Sometimes I did say things I shouldn't have to him, but I just feel like no one is perfect. He said last night after he dumped me that he still loves me so I just can't understand why he did it. Yep I'm only 16 but I kind of got attached and now I miss the little things about him, I honestly thought we were gonna spend the rest of our lives together.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads