I have an confession to make. Watch

Type 052D
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm in year 12 in 6th form college and I've failed GCSE Maths when I was in secondary school (although I have 5 B's and 7 C's) and I am doing 3 A levels (History, Law and Geography) which I am currently doing well in. However I feel embarrassed, as I never did Maths retake in 1st year of college. I'm doing them right now.
cambio wechsel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm going to pretend I didn't read that.
jreid1994
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So? Just grab that maths test and show it whose the boss. Things in life are only as difficult as you believe it to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
+ polarity -
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
I've got another confession to make... I'm your fool
Type 052D
Rep:
?
(Original post by cambio wechsel)
I'm going to pretend I didn't read that.
Why? You don't know how stressful it can be.
Type 052D
Rep:
?
(Original post by jreid1994)
So? Just grab that maths test and show it whose the boss. Things in life are only as difficult as you believe it to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can pass but it is the social stigma that comes with this experience...
jreid1994
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Type 052D)
:/ if you don't ever fail how van you know that you truly learned anything? I mean how Can you know, seriously you can never truly view the complex beauty of something if you never fail.

Posted from TSR Mobile
tengentoppa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm sorry, but that post is so badly written that I don't understand what you're saying. What are you asking?
Clip
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Since we're making confessions:

In Mrs. Harvey's class in primary school in 1982, I cheated in all my "telling the time" cards, and ticked them all off as being done, even though I hadn't done them.
Jokerjon
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have a confession you just robbed me off 10 seconds of my life reading your post! At least your learning from your previous mistakes and trying to rectify the situation good luck in your test!
jreid1994
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
Since we're making confessions:

In Mrs. Harvey's class in primary school in 1982, I cheated in all my "telling the time" cards, and ticked them all off as being done, even though I hadn't done them.
Nice, arrogant keep it up you sound like a gem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Type 052D
Rep:
?
:/ if you don't ever fail how van you know that you truly learned anything? I mean how Can you know, seriously you can never truly view the complex beauty of something if you never fail.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel horrible. The experience of failing maths and having to retake them in Sixth Form makes me wonder every night about my future...
Aristotle's' Disciple
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I **** myself watching a horror movie at the age of 7. It's good to get things off your chest...
Clip
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Nice, arrogant keep it up you sound like a gem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're so right. This must have been how Lance Armstrong got started.
Type 052D
Rep:
?
I don't know why people don't take this seriously.
Naami
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Eh it's not really a big deal. My older sis failed GCSE Maths in Secondary School, but that was because she went to a crap school where they tell you the best you can do is get a D/C + she had to take care of me and my younger siblings as my mum had mental health issues at the time. She retook it in her first year of college, passed (albeit it was a C) but she's managed to go to a Russel Group uni, has had two different jobs in two different career sectors and has gone travelling. She's looking for another job atm, but she's done a lot with her life and has a lot of experience; there's no doubt in my mind she'll do well in the future. Employers don't really care if she retook it, and no one else cares. Just do it and do well in your A-levels
Type 052D
Rep:
?
(Original post by Naami)
Eh it's not really a big deal. My older sis failed GCSE Maths in Secondary School, but that was because she went to a crap school where they tell you the best you can do is get a D/C + she had to take care of me and my younger siblings as my mum had mental health issues at the time. She retook it in her first year of college, passed (albeit it was a C) but she's managed to go to a Russel Group uni, has had two different jobs in two different career sectors and has gone travelling. She's looking for another job atm, but she's done a lot with her life and has a lot of experience; there's no doubt in my mind she'll do well in the future. Employers don't really care if she retook it, and no one else cares. Just do it and do well in your A-levels
Thank you for the useful infomation.
jreid1994
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
You're so right. This must have been how Lance Armstrong got started.
I'll be watch ing you for the time being, don't do drugs McKay

Posted from TSR Mobile
jreid1994
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I feel horrible. The experience of failing maths and having to retake them in Sixth Form makes me wonder every night about my future...
No man just don't worry, study maths at home a bit every day, then just take the test no one does everything right the first time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
mosmof
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i did great in my gcse's, nearly all b's, got the academic achievement award at college, still took me three times to pass gcse maths. keep at it mate.

edit: just to add all my uni offers have been unconditional so far (i clearly stated the retake on my qualifications). really dont worry buddy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (105)
17.65%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.39%
Not great so far... (212)
35.63%
I want to drop out! (115)
19.33%

Watched Threads