Rouf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Which uni is better for accommodation...Bristol UWE or Oxford Brooke's? Roughly same amount when it comes to prices!

Hoping to go and study Real Estate

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
cambio wechsel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Rouf)
Seems excessive. Just choose whichever has en suite loos.
Aristotle's' Disciple
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oxford Brookes, rising reputation and so can always cut the Brookes, when people ask you where you studied?
Origami Bullets
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Rouf)
Which uni is better for accommodation...Bristol UWE or Oxford Brooke's? Roughly same amount when it comes to prices!
This really isn't something to base your choice on. University accommodation is always habitable, although it comes in varying levels of plushness (which, of course, you pay for). You're only going to be there for a year, so there are more important things to choose based on.

Have you looked at the individual modules that each course offers? Unlike A Level, there's a great variation in content between courses of the same name.
Rouf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Origami Bullets)
This really isn't something to base your choice on. University accommodation is always habitable, although it comes in varying levels of plushness (which, of course, you pay for). You're only going to be there for a year, so there are more important things to choose based on.

Have you looked at the individual modules that each course offers? Unlike A Level, there's a great variation in content between courses of the same name.
Yeah the modules are basically the same, Bristol is 4th best in the country for the course and Oxford Brooke's is 9th, but student satisfaction is roughly the same

lzbthx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Rouf)

I haven't seen Oxford Brookes but I have friends at UWE and it is the nicest accommodation I have ever seen! Student Village is so modern and they have key cards for their rooms. They're reasonably sized and have an en suite too. The kitchen area is a good size. And all the kitchens have huge windows! It's really nice! Have you been to visit them both? You should try to go and look around for yourself
Origami Bullets
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Quit squabbling.

OP - go and visit both unis on an open day. They can often be very, very useful in deciding which university is best for you. Also consider if there are any sports or societies that you want to join. For instance, Oxford Brookes turns out Olympic rowers like they're going out of fashion (UWE doesn't), and UWE has a gliding club but Oxford Brookes doesn't (although it is possible to join Oxford Uni's gliding club).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads