Stains on my passport pages Watch

Saritta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello,

My biometric passport has orange stains (rust) on the bottom of the pages, where passport number is, the first pages are ok, but the stains start at page 20 I think.

It never got wet or anything, so I went to the authorities in my country to ask about the problem, they told me that the machine they use to make the number on the bottom of pages (the small holes) is the cause, and that the stain was rust actually, they told me that it would not be a problem, as long as all the information are readable, and page 3 (where the photo is) is intact.

I should go to the UK on sunday, and I'm so worried about wether or not my passport will be a problem.

Everyone tells me that if that was going to be a problem, the UK embassy wouldn't have allow me an entry clearance, I have actually granted a tier4 general visa with my passport on these condition.

Anyone knows or had experienced something like that ?
Saritta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
No one ?
Cll_ws
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Saritta)
No one ?
It should be fine. As long as all the information is readable then it doesn't really matter how beat up it is.
RollingDylan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I remember my mum had the most worn out passport ever, the pages were almost ripped off, the cover looked like it had been passed in a shredder, everything was destroyed .. apart from the important information pages and the passport photo. Still, she made it in England without trouble, so you should be fine
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They will examine your passport carefully to make sure it hasnt been tampered with or altered, and that your visa isnt a fake. Passport officers will probably ask you questions about how/why your passport is 'damaged' in this way if they regard it as unusual or signifcant

Without seeing your passport, its very difficult to give you a definite answer about what their final decision would be
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (24)
6.86%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.43%
I don't think they'd understand (53)
15.14%
It might lead to more bullying (135)
38.57%
There's nothing they could do (105)
30%

Watched Threads