The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Anyone applied for Geology at Exeter Cornwall campus?

Just want to get an idea how small the class will be in September! Haven't found many posts about geology at Exeter yet...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by stevie_
Just want to get an idea how small the class will be in September! Haven't found many posts about geology at Exeter yet...

The class sizes will be normal to start with (still less than 100) as many of your lectures will be shared with the rest of CSM.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Chris-Freer
The class sizes will be normal to start with (still less than 100) as many of your lectures will be shared with the rest of CSM.

Oh I see! Thank you! Just hope I get an offer now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Yes I applied - hopefully hear back soon! Where else have you applied? I applied to Southampton, Cardiff and UCL as well. I am just waiting back from Exeter and UCL now....
Reply 4
Original post by LeelaLove
Yes I applied - hopefully hear back soon! Where else have you applied? I applied to Southampton, Cardiff and UCL as well. I am just waiting back from Exeter and UCL now....

Wicked! What's your favourite? I've only heard back from Glamorgan and Plymouth. Got Exeter, Brighton and Portsmouth to hear back from still

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by stevie_
Wicked! What's your favourite? I've only heard back from Glamorgan and Plymouth. Got Exeter, Brighton and Portsmouth to hear back from still

Posted from TSR Mobile

UCL for academics and Exeter for all round life and studies. You?
Reply 6
UCL for academics and Exeter for all round life and studies. You?

Exeter is first choice, if I get an offer. And then Plymouth or Brighton. Need to look at them both again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I did! I also applied to Bristol, Imperial, Leicester, & Manchester. The bad thing is I don't really know what each uni is like and I can't go to the open days. I just applied based on recommendations of friends. Besides not being in a big city, what is Exeter like? How are the courses?
Reply 8
Original post by Twenty13
I did! I also applied to Bristol, Imperial, Leicester, & Manchester. The bad thing is I don't really know what each uni is like and I can't go to the open days. I just applied based on recommendations of friends. Besides not being in a big city, what is Exeter like? How are the courses?

I visited Leicester! It seemed really nice and the course seems really good. I love Exeter Cornwall campus, it has such a relaxed feel to it and its in Cornwall so...! The applied geology course seems really good, and is linked to industry hugely. Worth trying to go to an open day or asking to look round on a day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by stevie_
I visited Leicester! It seemed really nice and the course seems really good. I love Exeter Cornwall campus, it has such a relaxed feel to it and its in Cornwall so...! The applied geology course seems really good, and is linked to industry hugely. Worth trying to go to an open day or asking to look round on a day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm an international student without a passport at the moment so I can't do that :s-smilie: But you're making it sound good!
Reply 10
I got an offer from Exeter today for BSc Applied Geology, hope to see you all there! :biggrin:
Reply 11
I got an offer from Exeter today for BSc Applied Geology, hope to see you all there! :biggrin:

Well done! :biggrin: what was the offer? I'm still waiting :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by stevie_
Well done! :biggrin: what was the offer? I'm still waiting :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks:smile: It was a conditional of BBB for BSc Applied Geology. Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 13
I'm doing applied geology at the Cornwall campus. I'm doing a gap year and have deferred entry :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by NiallR
I'm doing applied geology at the Cornwall campus. I'm doing a gap year and have deferred entry :smile:

Nice! What you planning to do on your gap year? I might be having one depending on results and offers etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Woop Woop future CSMers. I am a first year mining engineer so am happy to answer questions- we share most of the lectures in the first term with all the geologists. And I can really remembered not only the course but the campus. Because it is so small here you can get to be really close to not just 1st years but 2nd and 3rd years two :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by YByrne
Woop Woop future CSMers. I am a first year mining engineer so am happy to answer questions- we share most of the lectures in the first term with all the geologists. And I can really remembered not only the course but the campus. Because it is so small here you can get to be really close to not just 1st years but 2nd and 3rd years two :smile:

Ah I'm getting all excited and I haven't even had an offer :frown: it sounds perfect. I like small and friendly. Plus, it's cornwall so... :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stevie_
Ah I'm getting all excited and I haven't even had an offer :frown: it sounds perfect. I like small and friendly. Plus, it's cornwall so... :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me toooo!!still waiting for my offer..TAT
I am doing my foundation in Bristol right..
Just saw the accommodations in Cornwall..it's amazing
I haven't been there though:s-smilie:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/373893769372879/

I'd suggest joining on there, we've got a few people from a couple of different courses.
It's useful, we had one last year and there's a few of us from last year and this year who'll be about to help.
Reply 19
Got offer yesterday yaaaay, anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending