Leaving university after the first semester Watch

TobaccoSmoke
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I got a place on my current course through clearing, and I'm basically not enjoying the course and feel that it was a poor choice that was not well suited to me.

As I understand it, the first semester is worth 30 ECTS. Would I be able to take these with me, as it were, if I left before the end of the year? Also, would 30 ECTS be worth anything in terms of applying to another university?

My A Levels weren't very good and frankly I was lucky to get this course, even though I'm not enjoying it.

Would 30 ECTS count for anything in addition to rather poor A Levels?
Sarah120610
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What course are you on and what course do you want to be on? If they're completely unrelated then it's unlikely you're going to be able to transfer them to a new course. Phone uni's you're wanting to go to, if your A levels aren't as good as they possibly could have been and you need them to get onto a course you really want to do (rather than settling for anything just to go to uni), then I'd suggest going back to college for a year/revising hard yourself+entering resits as an external candidate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
24.26%
No (178)
75.74%

Watched Threads