The Student Room Group

I missed my law exam

And I made sure to get out of the house earlier than I usually do to get to college because of the snow. 2 and a half hours earlier in fact :mad: I had to wait 45 minutes for the bus to arrive but that wasn't much of a problem as I had still plenty of time left to get to college. And then the traffic :mad: I was on the bus for over 2 hours and we had barely left the city centre. I had to get off the bus and walk back to the city centre as I had missed my exam by at least an hour.

I'm going to look like a right pillock when I go to my law lesson on Tuesday :frown:

Has anyone else missed their exams because of the snow disruption? Or have you guys planned better than I did and got there on time despite the snow?
Sorry to hear that :frown: your college should have made an allowance for you to get extra time or something because it wasn't your fault. Try not to feel down. You will be able to sit the exam in June so good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I do Law and I know what it feels like missing an exam. My condolences to your loss. I hope you do well in the June resit.
Reply 3
Original post by Bluebutterfly
Sorry to hear that :frown: your college should have made an allowance for you to get extra time or something because it wasn't your fault. Try not to feel down. You will be able to sit the exam in June so good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. My college had shut down for regular students but those of us had exams obviously had to turn up. I've tried contacting the college main switchboard to tell them why I wasn't able to make it to the exam but there's only a message saying how they've closed. And I've tried to contact the exams office but no one's picking up.

I actually feel sick to the stomach.
Reply 4
If I was on the bus in traffic for more than 15-20 minutes i would walk.
Reply 5
Original post by Type 052D
I do Law and I know what it feels like missing an exam. My condolences to your loss. I hope you do well in the June resit.

Thanks. I suppose I have to pay for the June exam?
Reply 6
Original post by Vorsah
If I was on the bus in traffic for more than 15-20 minutes i would walk.

Believe me even if I had ran I wouldn't have nearly got there on time. Though if I ran I would've probably slipped and have my neck broken :tongue: It usually takes me an hour and a quarter to get from the city centre to college on the bus.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by thedarklord12
Thanks. I suppose I have to pay for the June exam?

I shouldn't think so, not if you don't pay already.
Resitters tend to only have to pay if they failed the first exam.

I'm sorry you missed it, but why didn't you just walk to being with? O.o
Thanks. My college had shut down for regular students but those of us had exams obviously had to turn up. I've tried contacting the college main switchboard to tell them why I wasn't able to make it to the exam but there's only a message saying how they've closed. And I've tried to contact the exams office but no one's picking up.

I actually feel sick to the stomach.

Hey, I know it's a ****ty position to be in, you've probably been working hard for this exam and have dedicated a lot of time to it but it's an exam. You can take it in June. It's a bad thing to have happened but if you were ready for it this time, you can be ready for it again :smile:

You've done what you could; you anticipated and gave yourself loads of extra time, you tried to contact your college and you did your best to try and get there. But hey, you didn't. Don't beat yourself up about it. Snow happens :tongue: Don't stress about it to the point where you make yourself feel ill, it's not worth it. Have a nice evening, watch a film or whatever and forget about it. You'll have to explain it to your college and they might be a dick about it but they'll get over it. You're not the first, nor will you be the last student to miss an exam. Honest, it'll be fine; you have June to do it. It's freaking annoying but it's not the end of the world :redface:
Reply 9
Original post by PsychadelicScarf
I shouldn't think so, not if you don't pay already.
Resitters tend to only have to pay if they failed the first exam.

I'm sorry you missed it, but why didn't you just walk to being with? O.o

I wouldn't have made it by a long way. I have to take two buses to get to college, one into the city centre and the other straight to college. It was a pain in the backside having to wait for the first bus, then I had to wait for the second one for 45 minutes. When I was on the second bus I hoped the traffic would ease up but it didn't. It was total gridlock.
Reply 10
Original post by The Wild Youth
Hey, I know it's a ****ty position to be in, you've probably been working hard for this exam and have dedicated a lot of time to it but it's an exam. You can take it in June. It's a bad thing to have happened but if you were ready for it this time, you can be ready for it again :smile:

You've done what you could; you anticipated and gave yourself loads of extra time, you tried to contact your college and you did your best to try and get there. But hey, you didn't. Don't beat yourself up about it. Snow happens :tongue: Don't stress about it to the point where you make yourself feel ill, it's not worth it. Have a nice evening, watch a film or whatever and forget about it. You'll have to explain it to your college and they might be a dick about it but they'll get over it. You're not the first, nor will you be the last student to miss an exam. Honest, it'll be fine; you have June to do it. It's freaking annoying but it's not the end of the world :redface:

Cheers. I've calmed down a bit now :tongue: It's going to be pretty embarrassing explaining to my law teacher why I didn't turn up.
Cheers. I've calmed down a bit now :tongue: It's going to be pretty embarrassing explaining to my law teacher why I didn't turn up.

You could lie and say that a team of death eaters tried to kill you because you're the chosen one? :tongue:
Reply 12
You could lie and say that a team of death eaters tried to kill you because you're the chosen one? :tongue:

But I'm not the chosen one am I? That's my arch nemesis Harry Potter :biggrin:
Reply 13
hey dude, its not your fault dont blame yourself, whats done is done. All you can do now is make sure you are prepared for your june exams.

As for explaining to your law teacher, tell him the truth, tell him everything like you left early and even called the school to let them know. You shouldnt have to pay for resits, my school is offering to pay for ours.
But I'm not the chosen one am I? That's my arch nemesis Harry Potter :biggrin:

Hahahaha hilariously I didn't even read your username! It must have filtered into my brain though to use a HP reference. That's amusing.

OK; how about you had to make sure your horcrux's were still in place then when you realised they weren't you thought 'screw 7 being the most powerfully magical number' and made a couple more?

:biggrin:
Reply 15
Hahahaha hilariously I didn't even read your username! It must have filtered into my brain though to use a HP reference. That's amusing.

OK; how about you had to make sure your horcrux's were still in place then when you realised they weren't you thought 'screw 7 being the most powerfully magical number' and made a couple more?

:biggrin:

Of course! Attempting to kill Potter was part of my entire master plan of creating a 8th horcrux :tongue:
Of course! Attempting to kill Potter was part of my entire master plan of creating a 8th horcrux :tongue:

Knew it!!!!
There were about 3 or 4 missing in my exam due to snow.

Quick Reply

Latest